bonnet bra numbers

Clarkie

ok guys,

i no a few of you on here (me included) would love a bonnet bra on the arosas however no one has made them before. However i would love to change the world as i no someone who might be able to help us.

My step mum owns a soft furnishing business making curtains, cushions, re-covering etc you name it. Im going to ask her if she could make me a bonnet bra and i was wondering if anyone else wants one,

if you interested put your name on the list

cheers

adam

1. clarkie

If she can do one for a MK2 i'm in although would probs want to see a picture first! Also what would be the price as i'm looking into gettin a custom one made down my way.

Ta :)

Not wanting to jump on your mum's sale, but has anyone approached AutoBra? I spoke to them at the last groupbuy about a full cover for the front of the GTi. They said they would make one for me. They had a pattern already as they had made a 1 off for a guy in Holland, but he didn't want holes for the headlamp washers.

Not wanting to jump on your mum's sale, but has anyone approached AutoBra? I spoke to them at the last groupbuy about a full cover for the front of the GTi. They said they would make one for me. They had a pattern already as they had made a 1 off for a guy in Holland, but he didn't want holes for the headlamp washers.

if autobra can do it then we might as well go to them as they are the pros at this?

Yea I sent them a email Ray!

They told me the country where they source there car bras from did not have the arosa sold over there so they had no car to design one on! His is going to get back to me as he did say I was not the only one that inquired about them!

This is the email I sent them last night:

Hello

I cantacted you last week regarding a bonnet bra for a Mk1 Seat Arosa. Is it somthing you can make as apposed to sourceing from another country?

If you want a car to make one on im sure I can loan my car for the job.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards

Luke Chambers

And got this back this morning:

We have been trying to get these for about 1.5 years, the problem is the factory is not in this country and they are unable to find a donor car to make a template. i will ask again and see what we can do

tom

I think its best to get them made somewhere else, if your Mum's place cannot do them there is a local company to me who may be able to make them!

I'd be interested too, price dependant (as I do have the stuff to make one myself, I'm just too damn lazy :lol: )

1. clarkie

2. JoH

3. sully

4. Seanyb

5. VWR Lupo

6. lunalupi

(I spoke to Autobra ages ago - in fact probably about 1.5 years! And they would have looked into it but they needed enough cars to make it worth it. They've obviously decided they can't do it now though.)

@Clarkie:

If your Mum cannot make them I have found a place that can! I have to wait until the 13th of July when the mananger is back off holiday to get a price so I will let you know then :)

• 2 weeks later...
Bump for this, any news?

Nothing from me yet mate, the place I'm looking to get them made I have got to wait for the Mananger to come back off his holidays, but thats Monday so hopefully I will have some news Monday evening :)

hey guys last weekend i went to my local interior place and ask about getting one made but they said it would be rely pricey around £300 and as you can buy one for a lupo for around £60 i decided it just wernt worth it, but i had a little thought could you buy a lupo bonnet bra either second hand off some one or brand new and just alter it to fit a arosa??? the lupo bonnet bra would be slightly bigger so it wouldnt be that hard would it???

just an idea :-)