Chassis Mod

Tigz™

Thanks again guys for "helping" me with this.

Couldnt have done it without ya, well I probably could but the bump stops would have been long gone! lol

Ross, your right about it dropping further once it settled! lol you should see it now!

Ok heres a couple of pics of the welds, click the links as the pics are full size and I dont wanna mess up the page.

http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/album254/P...cture_57?full=1

http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/album254/P...cture_58?full=1

The plate looks messy, but the peice behind that is perfect.

Looking at it through the wheels you would never know.

Heres a few more pics of the day.

I think Dan got some real pics on his camera, so this is just a teaser!

Picture_61.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture_59.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture_60.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The side pipe is still on and is about 3mm from the ground! lol

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great!

You cetainly have some serious ICE in the back of this little car tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Does doing structural modifications to your car have any effect on your insurance and MOT?

@ Payna

Thanks mate.

got the grill at the weekend, loving it, once the bonnets done it'll look even better.

@ Clifford

Yes mate, I used some stone chip paint, top match it up to the restr of the wing.

@ Jabo

Im unsure mate.

The MOT wont be a problem, as its not in the crumple zone.

I'll tell ya about insurance later today!

The front, fully lowered.

lowered.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The chassis mod, pre painting.

chassismod.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Fitting the rear suspension.

fittingrear.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Low!

low.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

After suspension fitting we went for a swift half in the pub. After trying to nick a grape which turned out to be plastic, Andi was approached by the cat. Andi2.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

We went for a drive round the local cruise, shame about the rain! we might have spotted a few more chavs...

cruise1.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

cruise2.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Id just like to say thanks for a good day lads! Nice meeting you for the first time Ross.

Its driveable, the fun part was getting the car off Max's drive as the exhaust was on the floor before getting to the lip of the drive.

Its how VW should have made the Lupo! Extra low as standard.

Ya its Lowwww! lol

It drives fine, no rubbing on normal roads, went round a bumpy twisty round, and only rubbed over 60mph on that really bad road, but Im rolling and flairing my arches so that will be sorted soon.

Thanks for the pics Dan, I cant belive thats all that we took between us! lol

-80mm all round on 15s!

Any advance on that guys?

Looks awesome - not something I'd do (would prefer handling, not to mention the ability to drive over `extra-thick` road markings laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />), but really really amazing - great job!

Just make sure you avoid roadkill smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks Snoop.

I was expecting to have to raise it after a couple of weeks of `low-riding`, but untill the snow comes I dont think I'll need to.

It handles so well, no better than if it was only dropped to 50mm but I would say its not any worse either.

Tim not yet mate, Im gonna call them when I finish work, worst thing that will happen I may need to get an independant ispection done, but I cant see it being a problem.

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
I don't reckon you'd get within a mile of my house

:wink: got my Golf though

Im gonna give it a couple of months till the new ness has worn off then I may raise it back if theres been any major problems.

Getting off the drive today was a challange to say the least! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />