Police attraction to Loops

danixd

After driving past a beautiful loop earlier on the side of the road with the police, it made me wonder how often you Lupo owners get pulled.

I drive a tin can and haven't been pulled in two year, where as a lot of my mates have, but then again they drive hot(ter) hatches than mine.

How have you found it? And what model Loop do you own? It seems to be the bigger and more shiny the wheels, the more the police like to stop you! :rolleyes:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got pulled for swerving round a pothole.

Twice over Christmas period when I worked at a pub.

Once random check

Once for being naughty

Tigz im sure that polo will be making all the right noises, wont be long till you get pulled. :P

I'm normaly doing something silly when i get pulled however for the amount i speed it's suprisingly rare about once every 4 or 5 months and I can never say i don't deserve it never get prosecuted though (well not that sticks)

Edited by matt~black

once for beeping my horn down the high street.

once for suspision of drink driving as they saw me on cctv drinking a can of relentless as i went past the police station!!! :huh:

once for my mate throwing litter out my window

...and a 'random' stop

since december lol

Never in the GTi or the Arosa.

I passed an unmarked Police car on the A9 once at about 90mph in the GTi. He pulled alongside me and just signalled me to slow it down a bit. I duly slowed down; he smiled and gave me the thumbs up; I thanked him with a return hand signal: all was well.

Not all 'Polis' are barstewards!

1.4 lupo sport,

about 5 times in the past month for different number plates, the last £30 fine i got i sent a cheque and they sent a cheque back saying they cancelled it so i put that plate back on lol

once for window tints but he couldnt prove it, their not that dark anyway,

once for dangerous and careless driving which i got an asbo for,

to be honest i get stopped quite alot but they just check everything out haha

Never in the GTi or the Arosa.

I passed an unmarked Police car on the A9 once at about 90mph in the GTi. He pulled alongside me and just signalled me to slow it down a bit. I duly slowed down; he smiled and gave me the thumbs up; I thanked him with a return hand signal: all was well.

Not all 'Polis' are barstewards!

I did the same twice with unmarked cars and got signalled to slow down. Other time was driving too fast in the city centre on a Friday night, go figure.

Pictured my friend Dave who got stopped on his lunch break as he wasn't wearing his belt after leaving a car park? they asked him to pop bonnet and checked over the engine too. note his BK drinks cup on the roof and half a joint in the ashtray, but they were more concerned with giving a £30 ticket

DSC00080.jpg

I don't think i was pulled when driving the Lupo in 5 years. I used to get pulled for driving a BMW M sport when i was 17 though which was understandable. I also got pulled for getting the back end out on a roundabout and was breathalised due to dangerous driving a couple of years ago.

Never pulled in my mk3 polo, even though it did have a big exhaust strapped to it...

And never been pulled in my lupo, never been signalled to slow down either i rarely go fast where i dont know...

Pot holes around here are mad though, i know i'll get pulled one day for "Drunk Driving" :rolleyes:

havnt been pulled in my lupo sport yet (touch wood) been signalled to slow down after racing a porsche on the m25 at 125mph+ and the undercover pulled over the porsche not me :) i gladly gave him the thumbs up

I have been pulled over more times than i can remember, Ive been pulled over 3 times in one day before today, I have been pulled 2-3 times for mistaken identity, they then sent me on my way without even checking my details.

Seems to me it has nothing to do with what car you're driving, it has everything to do with whether you're doing anything illegal. ;)

Twice. Both for german plates. The first time my arm was in a sling with a freshly broken collarbone, but I managed to get it back in my jumper before they noticed. :D) Got pulled twice in my last car too (a Punto), once for speeding, with a bald tyre (it was booked in to get changed in the morning) and an MOT that had ran out (I thought I had another week left. :doh:) Got a written warning for that. And once for having a headlight bulb out.

Edited by Philplop

I obviously look respectable and like my car is in good condition and belongs to me - I've never been pulled yet! Was followed once just after I'd had my new exhaust fitted and before it was completely finalised and was kinda loud...

Have had the police out twice though for my accidents :blush:

Guest Lauryn

I get pulled quite a lot tbh, usually for number plates, was pulled one night going 30 in a 30, and got told I was going about 50 mph, and they had to go 45 mph to catch me? Whaaa?! Obviously never got done cos I wasnt speeding but yes, I get pulled quite often, I think its just because the car is so different they are intrigued!

In the Lupo -

Speeding (got points for that)

4x Reg plates (one telling off, 2 producers and one fine)

No seatbelt

No lights on (had my sidelights on)

2x Random checks

Corrado -

Racing + Dangerous Driving

Random check

G40

Excessive speed + dangerous driving

Not displaying correct registration

One random check

So I would say the Lupo, despite being the slowest, attracted more Police attention, but then I did have it longer than the other two!

Well my lupo is currently scraping on the ground at the front, scrubbing like buggery at the back, has a big exhaust, two different types of wheels on and I look about 10 years old but I still ain't been pulled over once. No idea why...

I drive a gti an so far haven't been stopped. Used to get pulled alot in my 16v polo,but that was noisy an lowered.Haven't gotten any points or fines or anything.Once got pulled for looking suspicious when I drove my corsa,they checked me an the car for drugs then left,I was jus worried bout the 2 bald tyres!

got pulled once in the Lupo for 33mph in a 30mph zone. 3 points £60... (winkers...) and once for suspicion of drink driving as I was bobbing and weaving all over an uneven road surface trying to save my suspension a bit of hassle...

Only been pulled once in the bora (White rear number plate) :(