Bens blue Tdi loop Pic heavy

dodgercannon

Ha ^

Windscreens are pretty dam solid! saw one crack on my audio blokes old demo van which had 6 15" MEs in (same subs as in the yellow loop)

That was doing 157db in a citroen belingo,

at a guess id say bens is doing around 143 but shifts alot of air!

Cant wait to hear it :P

What comps do you have atm mate? and what are you upgrading to?

:)

Rich.

Not sure yet... I either get my new amps to give me 3k oooor put the money to the front end of the car and get the highs and mids sorted... I mean the bass is loud enough for me atm but give me a month and Ill want moreee. What do you think? What would you recomend for the doors?

Ha ^

Windscreens are pretty dam solid! saw one crack on my audio blokes old demo van which had 6 15" MEs in (same subs as in the yellow loop)

That was doing 157db in a citroen belingo,

at a guess id say bens is doing around 143 but shifts alot of air!

Cant wait to hear it :P

Touched 145db at around 38hz at Trax this year. Was rather impressed, but Dave said he could have it up to 147.

And theres always a need for more bass, always! I have the screen flexing, but hopefully its not quite near cracking.

I like high quality sound, however, i think too much bass etc is lost in something like a Lupo, would need a bigger car for me to get into properly, or say, The Royal Albert Hall.

Edited by pro3mark
  • Like 1

I think bass in a Lupo is the best kind. Because its so small it kind of acts as a box itself. And noone, i mean noone, expects so much noise out of such a small car.

To be fair, i've toned the bass down quite a lot these days. The clarity out of the front componetns Rich used is amazing. I think next year i want more bass though, 4x15's in a wall in the plan.

• Like 1

Touched 145db at around 38hz at Trax this year. Was rather impressed, but Dave said he could have it up to 147.

And theres always a need for more bass, always! I have the screen flexing, but hopefully its not quite near cracking.

Thats a good score dude, I need to have a listen to you loop... Ive always admired it.

And yes there is always need for more bass.

Love the car! Don't get the audio.

Carry on though as I'm sure you enjoy it.

cheers mate... but what dont you get?

I like high quality sound, however, i think too much bass etc is lost in something like a Lupo, would need a bigger car for me to get into properly, or say, The Royal Albert Hall.

lol smaller cars are way better for spl as the cabin is so small. I do find my system goes considerably louder when I open both my windows as the pressure becomes less the waves can move.

I think bass in a Lupo is the best kind. Because its so small it kind of acts as a box itself. And noone, i mean noone, expects so much noise out of such a small car.

To be fair, i've toned the bass down quite a lot these days. The clarity out of the front componetns Rich used is amazing. I think next year i want more bass though, 4x15's in a wall in the plan.

Your right dude smaller cars a better.

I also tone down the bass some times as my door speaker arnt up to scratch, but will be changing them soon soo should be clearer and louder.

4 15s in a lupo would be insane... I was thinking about walling it but I just couldnt bring myself to destroy the car, and its alot of work plus its expensive.

Edited by dodgercannon

If i eventually pluck up the courage to do it, i might take the rear windows out, and make possible the first Lupo van? this would be a long way down the road though.

What are you thinking component wise?

• Like 1

Ah right that would be cool... like the red polo of boom?

Im not sure about comps Im swaying atm between one expensive set or 4 cheaper sets... jbl's or something. I want to fill the bottom door card up so I think I will prob go with the 4, have them on switches so I can use them for daily and to show off.

cheers mate... but what dont you get?

I understand the car and a quality audio/media system, but I don't get the need to have it so loud that you couldn't comfortably sit in the car and listen to it.

Who was it had the yellow Lupo at E38 2008 on the with the 'monkey' bouncing around in the speakers? (Little Rich?)

If I was running the show I would've told him to turn it down or had him kicked off site. It was so annoying and just ruined a chilled day.

nooooooo that wasnt me silver, :blush:

Ben the components are awesome arent they, Just fitted a set in my mates mk4 polo and he is soo happy with them,

Having silly bass imo is like having 400bhp under your foot, most the time you dont use it so its pointless to most, but when you do use it you enjoy it and thats what matters

And tdi Ben, id just go for 1 set of Good comps, like the yellow loop 1 good set keeps up with the epic bass, Hopefully my KP2s come tomorrow, twice the price of the SSK165s that the yellow lupo runs, we will see if there better!

Rich,

• Like 1

nooooooo that wasnt me silver, :blush:

Ben the components are awesome arent they, Just fitted a set in my mates mk4 polo and he is soo happy with them,

Having silly bass imo is like having 400bhp under your foot, most the time you dont use it so its pointless to most, but when you do use it you enjoy it and thats what matters

And tdi Ben, id just go for 1 set of Good comps, like the yellow loop 1 good set keeps up with the epic bass, Hopefully my KP2s come tomorrow, twice the price of the SSK165s that the yellow lupo runs, we will see if there better!

Rich,

Yeah I think im going to go with one set of good comps... Im looking at the cdt CL-62's running off rocky fozzer power. I mean if its not loud enough for my liking I can always buy another set and another amp... was thinking about going active but seems to much of a ball ache plus it will top me over my budget.

I understand the car and a quality audio/media system, but I don't get the need to have it so loud that you couldn't comfortably sit in the car and listen to it.

Who was it had the yellow Lupo at E38 2008 on the with the 'monkey' bouncing around in the speakers? (Little Rich?)

If I was running the show I would've told him to turn it down or had him kicked off site. It was so annoying and just ruined a chilled day.

I'm sorry but what the hell do you expect at shows? Rich pumped a lot of money into that, of course he's going to bloody show it off!

• Like 2

I'm sorry but what the hell do you expect at shows? Rich pumped a lot of money into that, of course he's going to bloody show it off!

I go to see cars, meet friends, make new friends and chill, not to have my head bombarded with bass so loud you can't even hear the music.

I still think it's pointless and whatever you say won't make me change my mind.

:)

OK guys enough now, someone needs a tampon... everyones different, me, rich and ben are bass heads... you obviously opt for a bit of sq (sound quaility), whereas we can have the best of both (bass knobs are wonderfull devices) as ben said he sometimes knocks the bass down to listen to the clarity of the speakers rich installed.

To be honest I though ed38 was to show off your car...which is what rich was doing when you got "bombarded with bass"

• Like 2