Bens blue Tdi loop Pic heavy

dodgercannon

Hi all got my lupo about 3 weeks ago. Started on a few small mods.

When I got it

IMG_0055.jpg

Lights and badges come off for painting, I decided to do the lights the same colour as the car

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

What they look like now

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

colour coded the black part of the badge and blacked the veedub logo

IMG_0092.jpg

The car did have a towbar but it had to come off so with a bit of grinding and hammering I managed to hide it and fill the hole in the bumper in

IMG_0111.jpg

Oh and I have put the standard 14's on because the multispokes dont suit the car

IMG_0112.jpg

I've got a set of 16" Ronal R7's from my previous car so I put a couple on to see what they look like

iphonepictures080.jpg

I might put them back on when the philj's arrive coz it looks like a monstertruck, should be the end of the week hopefully.

Will keep you all up to date.

Edited by dodgercannon

I like the lights, its different which is a good look atm. :thumbup: About time someone done theirs other than black lol

On the wheels i kinda have to agree, multispokes do look slightly better...Get some pics up when you've got the coilys on, should look mint ;)

Different is what I want to achive :-D. One of the other reasons I took the multispokes off is that they have 195/50-15 tyres on and when I drop it I didn't want them messing up my arches ect.

Just in the middle of building a sub box, only just realised how tight the loops boot is lol.

Lupo TDI's are the way forward :)

couldnt agree more!

i was wondering, what did you do exactly to get that effect on your headlights? it looks very cool but sutble which is what i like.

Iv been too scared to touch anything on mine yet incase i botch anything up!

cool lupo, it was for sale on here so glad you joined the club!

lights and badges look good imo, and i like the ronal's going to look really nice when dropped :)

Rich

Yeah the bloke did me over a bit telling me that there was a problem with the thrust bearing which was going to cost 180 quid to get repaired ended up needing the gearbox reconditioned and a new clutch kit which set me back £800, I could have had the car well kitted up with that but oh well it's done now and I love my little smokey diesel.

Lupo TDI's are the way forward :)

Too right £35 to tax it 65mpg and I killed off a sport the otherday :-D, well it was a lass driving it :-( lol

couldnt agree more!

i was wondering, what did you do exactly to get that effect on your headlights? it looks very cool but sutble which is what i like.

Iv been too scared to touch anything on mine yet incase i botch anything up!

U just have to cook your lights on a low heat for a bit then peel the lense off, paint what bits u want painted and glue it back together. There's a good tutorial on here in the how to's

Cheers

Edited by dodgercannon

Too right £35 to tax it 65mph and I killed off a sport the otherday :-D, well it was a lass driving it :-( lol

£35 ?? FFS I thought they'd put them down to £25 ? ? ?

Yeah the bloke did me over a bit telling me that there was a problem with the thrust bearing which was going to cost 180 quid to get repaired ended up needing the gearbox reconditioned and a new clutch kit which set me back £800, I could have had the car well kitted up with that but oh well it's done now and I love my little smokey diesel.

Dam, Atleast its sorted now,

and yes that fault put me off going and looking at her, atleast its in good hands now,

Rich,

£35 ?? FFS I thought they'd put them down to £25 ? ? ?

Not yet but its going down to £20 next year :D

Dam, Atleast its sorted now,

and yes that fault put me off going and looking at her, atleast its in good hands now,

Rich,

Well he knew dam well what was wrong with it. And yep in good hands now I will look after her.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone a little update on how the loop is getting on...

Painted the strip on the engine cover Jazz blue

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Finished the subpoofer box, its only temporary atm as I want to take the rear seats out and do a custom jobby. The subs are Kenwood 12" 750rms DVC running a 1500rms amp at 1ohm, the box is made from 3/4 mdf with all the edges and joins fibreglassed up so I dont get the buzzing sound (been there done that) and a port I had knocking around, which was chrome but I had to lupo it blue.

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

A few stickers

IMG_0147.jpg

For a laff

IMG_0150.jpg

No towbar, bumper smoothing is not the greatest as when I lifted it up I cracked the fibreglass :angry2: But it will do till I have them smoothed when I got the ££$$££

IMG_0153.jpg

Got some audi A3 pepperpots yesterday, bit of a spur of the moment thing but they only cost £45 so I couldn't resist. Hoping to get them dipped, spriped and polished up with the centre caps either thr standard grey or the same colour as the car. The only thing I need for them is 2 centre caps so if anyone knows where to get them from Give us a shout. Oh yeah and the expensive part Hub adapters :huh: . Gonna run 165/50/15 Nanks also

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

And thas about it for now, still waiting on the coilies :angry2: getting very inpatient now.

Comments welcome

:D:D

Get them polished! Will look smart as ****.

Yeah I really like that red one, jus need someone to dip them. A place local to me want 10 quid a rim which I think is a bit steep. I was thinking about nitromorsing them but the last time I used it on a set of wheels it took me about a week to wire brush the paint off.

Started the alloys my self they are all stripped now just started to smooth the mould lines from when they were manufactured then I will go through the different stages of sand paper to get a super smooth surface ready for a good polishing.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update.

Got it decked finaly. Really happy with the outcome and the drive is great with some super sticky tyres It would be jus like a go kart.

DSC02156.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02159.jpg

The front has settled a lot as it was level with the rear. Oh yeah the rear adjusters are out also.

Il get some decent pics on the flat tonight at the mdc meet

Edited by dodgercannon

• 3 weeks later...

Got my tyres and the pepperpots are on, I'm using 25mm adapters with 165/50/15 with nankcrap tyres. Hid's in also and thats about it.

A good clean

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02176.jpg

Poke/tuck

DSC02172.jpg

DSC02177.jpg

DSC02178.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02190.jpg

Pedo bear woop

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

DSC02193.jpg

Comments and critisism :wacko: welcome

Edited by dodgercannon

Yep, pepper pots look way cool. Love them without centres. Can you get VW centres to just fit in the holes right in the centre? Maybe some black/graphite wheel bolt covers to finish.