MOT Fail

Putney

Spotted a place on the A4 as its first MOT is due in a month. Thought I would get it done on my lunch hour.. The car is well maintained and just serviced by honda, Also had last month all the bushes and bolts removed and cooper greased up. So I pop the car into the garage... Wait 30 mins and failed!

A wiper blade had 1cm split at the end and the Sat Nav was left in the window which according to the MOT Fail certificate is an obstruction.

You have been warned!

The garage / MOT station wont do free re-tests.. so basically I wasted £55!

Call me a mug but I went off to halfords for some new wipers and came back with the sat nav off the windscreen...... and £50 for a new test.....Wasted an hour of my time! Wont be using them again... Will post picture up of my cert They put the sat nav down as sticker/ obstruction in front window! :angry:

He could have said.. you need new wipers and take the sat Nav out...

ah gay, unlucky pal, a lad i work with his car failed as it had a magic tree hanging from his sun visor lol,

on the + side my lupo passed 1st time thursday :)

Rich,

The garage I use are really tight with MOTs, they failed the GFs cars due to the air freshener hanging off the rear view mirror, then tested it again ten minitues later (for free) after taking it off and passed it! Didnt see the point myself!

Friendly mot testers ;)

I put up with their strictness as I know they have the same attitude when servicing and doing other work on the car. If they were very lenient and just had a quick shufty round 'yeah mate im sure its fine' i wouldnt be comfortable letting them work on my car

We've been taking our cars to the Council place for MOT's. They don't carry out repairs so there's no reason for them to fail a car to make money from fixing it. Especially good for people who don't really know anything about cars (and dare I say it? Girls) as they can often get ripped off being told they need new brakes or something when they don't.

Does take the piss failing for a satnav.

Just had my bike MOT'd with a small plate and no baffles in the exhaust and they didn't bat an eyelid. Bike places are much friendlier. :)

I put up with their strictness as I know they have the same attitude when servicing and doing other work on the car. If they were very lenient and just had a quick shufty round 'yeah mate im sure its fine' i wouldnt be comfortable letting them work on my car

Aye but if you know your car and don't pay for services because you do it yourself, its the way forward.

Aye but if you know your car and don't pay for services because you do it yourself, its the way forward.

Without a doubt mate, wish I had the time and knowledge to do a lot more stuff on my own car

Without a doubt mate, wish I had the time and knowledge to do a lot more stuff on my own car

:thumbsup: time can be an issue, but knowledge is easily gained with patience. You would be surprised at what you can fit/ change with a little common sense. I did the clutch on my dads fiesta in a few hours and had never fitted one before, granted I had access to ramps and the right tools. :)

Yeah, Me and a mate serviced a 106 a bit back changed plugs and everything, and replaced the starter motor and cleaned the throttle body properly, really enjoyed it!

Back on the subject of failures, I quote..

Items from rear view mirror Windscreen has a sticker or other obstruction encroaching into the swept area by more than 40mm outside zone 'A' (8.3.1e)

that is madness i'm lucky i have a friendly mot man ;)

if the sat nav isnt causing an obstruction then how can it be a fail.. i thought all places did a free retest as something like that would take them oh about 30 seconds to fix.. feel for you mate as they have proper taken the piss

Rams Westgate Service Station

11298 Great West Road

Brentford

TW8 0JA

i would of asked if i could use the loo and pissed on the seat and **** in the cistern.

i would of asked if i could use the loo and pissed on the seat and **** in the cistern.

Nice..... Sometimes you just have to let things go mate!

i'd say the money you spent would entitle you to the above tbh

Spotted a place on the A4 as its first MOT is due in a month. Thought I would get it done on my lunch hour.. The car is well maintained and just serviced by honda, Also had last month all the bushes and bolts removed and cooper greased up. So I pop the car into the garage... Wait 30 mins and failed!

A wiper blade had 1cm split at the end and the Sat Nav was left in the window which according to the MOT Fail certificate is an obstruction.

You have been warned!

The garage / MOT station wont do free re-tests.. so basically I wasted £55!

Its law that the garage should do a re-test within 14 days for free. The wiper blades should have just been an advisory

baz....

Its law that the garage should do a re-test within 14 days for free. The wiper blades should have just been an advisory

baz....

There was a sign outside on quite a few walls saying NO re-tests... It had a date from... I will try and take a picture on my next day into work. The places is a joke!