Gti or 1.4 tdi

Sammi

Basically i can get insured on both

im finding it hard to decide, this is going to be my first car and i want it to be awesome, but at the same time its going to be my daily run about...

i will be travelling alot in a week so obvioulsy im going to need somthing economical which the gti wont be... :angry:

im just after a bit advice :blush:

My boyfriend says go for the Tdi, because in the unlikley event i write off the gti my insurance will go through the roof, and obviously as i mentioned before i need something economical. And going for the Tdi makes more sense...unfortunatly

But its so tempting to go for the Gti!!!! :wub:

HELP!!

GTI............how often does your boyfriend expect you to write off cars :lol:

If you going to write off a lot, leave the GTI alone as it is a rare car :)

I get 240 to 270ish miles to the small tank too.............quite economical the GTI if taken care of

TDi...

1. You're using it as a daily and the alloy panels on the GTi will take a battering if you park in car parks.

2. Road tax £35 per year as opposed to £95 per 6 months for the GTi

3. Cheaper running costs on ther TDi, tyres, exhausts, servicing, fuel, insurance, blah, blah, blah...

4. The TDi is good once it's moving. On recent trips out and about the TDi proved itself well.

5. The TDi will be easier to sell on due to the above.

:)

TDi...

1. You're using it as a daily and the alloy panels on the GTi will take a battering if you park in car parks.

2. Road tax £35 per year as opposed to £95 per 6 months for the GTi

3. Cheaper running costs on ther TDi, tyres, exhausts, servicing, fuel, insurance, blah, blah, blah...

4. The TDi is good once it's moving. On recent trips out and about the TDi proved itself well.

5. The TDi will be easier to sell on due to the above.

:)

Thanks for the advice

i will more likely go for the tdi, i mean it is going to be my day to day car so i dont want to get a GTi for the sake of it.

:D

Edited by Sammi

TDi for a first car, for all the reasons Ray has highlighted above!

As Mike said if you're going to write it off (most new drivers have at least a small bump in their first year) then get the TDi as the GTi is a rare car by comparison

TDi for a first car, for all the reasons Ray has highlighted above!

As Mike said if you're going to write it off (most new drivers have at least a small bump in their first year) then get the TDi as the GTi is a rare car by comparison

:lol: haha, i hope i dont write it off...its just something to bare in mind

I have a TDI and its a good first car like :)

and if you have the desire for more power you could always get it remapped :P

but as above from what silver said, all correct :)

Awesome :D

I currently have both (going from TDI to GTI). The GTI is very quick for a first car. Don't get me wrong, the TDI is quick enough to get you in to trouble too but I'd start off with the oil burner for all the reasons above.

Also, TDIs are rareish (two Arosa TDIs on Autotrader and one on Pistonheads) so if you do want to get a GTI there'll be no problems selling the TDI - they go quick and for good prices.

Basically i can get insured on both

im finding it hard to decide, this is going to be my first car and i want it to be awesome, but at the same time its going to be my daily run about...

i will be travelling alot in a week so obvioulsy im going to need somthing economical which the gti wont be... :angry:

im just after a bit advice :blush:

My boyfriend says go for the Tdi, because in the unlikley event i write off the gti my insurance will go through the roof, and obviously as i mentioned before i need something economical. And going for the Tdi makes more sense...unfortunatly

But its so tempting to go for the Gti!!!! :wub:

HELP!!

Please buy a TDi !

Im sure your a great competent WOMAN driver but for a first car it might be an idea not to buy.. and possibly kill a GTi. Theyr going the way of the dodo and they should all really be preserved.

Im just kidding..

If you can afford a GTi definitely get one ! They awesome little cars, just be prepared for running costs as they are going to be a damn sight more expensive to run than a 1.4 TDi

Dont rush into buying one either. Theres always a handful of people on here that will give you helpful advice when buying a Lupo and welcome to the club ;)

:whistle:

Theres nothing more I can say really. GTi would not be a good choice for a first car IMO, go with the TDi. You can always get a GTi in the future :).

Edited by jon_273

I said the same thing in your thread on Edition, but I know that if I had the GTI as my first car I would have crashed it.

yea thats what most people keep saying

i think i am going to go for the TDI it makes loads more sense really :) :)