17"'s is it worth it???

dazraz_uk

17's on the GTi?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The time has come where ive decided to get some new wheels for the GTi to don! the question is are 17s worth putting on or should i just keep it small and inline with standard spec so i dont lose too much of the characteristics we love so much???

I've seen Lupo's on 18's so fitment should not be a problem with a little work. But you should decide if you want to go for style or ride quality and performance. For the first 17inch is fine, for the last 15 of for a GTI 16 would be best.

So it's more how you want to drive your can, than what will fit.

Arvid

my Lupo currently has 16's but i liked it when when i had 15's under it (it's a 1.4 16V chassis) because it handeled a little better in the corners. But 16's are now necessary to fit the right brakes.

So for handeling i would stick to 16's, but for style a pair of wicked 17's would look very good biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

if i had a gti i wudnt hesitate to put 17's on her,with the big wide arches and all it wud look sweet, but as i dont ave 1 the biggest i wud put on wud b 16's.

ur gti has the power anyway, which is y i think u sud go 4 it, it wud b different if it was a 1 litre, cud u imagine, how uncomfortable and slow that wud b?(i cn a red 1litre other day wiv 17s on her, it did look well and made me look) but i wud definately go 4 look(styling) over performance... especially if its a gti, they r bound to go very well anyway!..but thats just my thoughts!