Conversion

SJH92

is it possible (if i got hold of the whole front end) to convert a standard front end to a 3L is it just the bumper and grille or is it like the whole front end??

Cheers

sam

Edited by SJH92

Wow, is anyone on here capable of answering someones question without a useless, arrogant and sarcastic response! really getting fed up of the usual suspects who only seem to post these kind of responses!

Anyway mate, a few people on the forum have done it, Mitchell, Paulbin and Scoobydoo, irc, they should have some answers for you. As far as i've read its not as simple as you'd think but dont know whats involved exatcly, would be interesting to find out though.

Wow, is anyone on here capable of answering someones question without a useless, arrogant and sarcastic response! really getting fed up of the usual suspects who only seem to post these kind of responses!

The thing is, its new folk asking the same questions over and over without doing a quick search first or a browse around first.

Or you can just buy mine??

too far away :/ lol

The thing is, its new folk asking the same questions over and over without doing a quick search first or a browse around first.

i actually searched every where but couldnt find anything on here too ... so i dont think i should be classed as one of them ..:)

what wheels should i get, what coilovers should i get and how do i remove the bump strips.

SSSSsoooo tedious to come online and see all the new threads basically along those lines.

Edited by scotty_82

I trid to search too, and its not too easy, but it was more at the "everyone on here is a sarcy miserable get" that I was making the point at!

People that have done 3Ls:

Glen - Scoobydoo

Mitch - Mitchell & here

Cheer's Boss ;)

what wheels should i get, what coilovers should i get and how do i remove the bump strips.

SSSSsoooo tedious to come online and see all the new threads basically along those lines.

I can understand that mate, but thats where a tad bit of common sense comes in with me lol, plus all my mates do this stuff to there cars so i can just ask them for silly little things lol, same with suspension my bro is helpin me fit my coilovers :) (when i get my carr lol :S )

My reply wasnt aimed at this thread, more a general observation in reply to someone elses comment that all the other threads end up being literally the same questions.

best bet is to source the parts and make it work.

There is no definitive way of fitting a 3L front end.

All the ones that have been done, are slightly different

My reply wasnt aimed at this thread, more a general observation in reply to someone elses comment that all the other threads end up being literally the same questions.

yeah i get you lol.

best bet is to source the parts and make it work.

There is no definitive way of fitting a 3L front end.

All the ones that have been done, are slightly different

the one mitchell has done looks like he's trimmed abit off the bumper so gonna try it his way when i eventually do it probs next jan time :\ bummer

Mitch has done 3. His first grey one and his current white one have had the sills extended. The yellow one he did (which now belongs to b19jow) had the bumpers trimmed I think.

done 4 now my current and 1st lupo i extended the sill's to do the job properly i e use the alloy 3L wings all the others have cut the bumpers but i have now done 2 with the wings cut to match the bumper, all the others are using steel wings so not a full 3L front end conversion.

Edited by Mitchell

:rolleyes:

Fool!

:P

pot / kettle

if you are using 3L wings you do have to extend the sill's.