10 k lupo in the auto trader

lupo pete

The price likely reflects the milage and therefore the level of wear and tear, which ultimately boils down to how long left it has mechanically before it requires maintenance, im guessing its as good as new, so will need maintaining like a new car, i.e. not a lot.

As its from a main stealer you will also get warranty of some sort.

"3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 28,228 miles, Tornado Red, Anti-Lock Brakes,Manual Air Conditioning,Alarm,Power-Assisted Steering,Driver And Passenger Air Bags,15In Alloy Wheels,Eight Speakers,Reach Adjustable Steering Column/Wheel,Electric/Heated Door Mirrors,Immobiliser,Front Fog Lights,Driver/Passenger Seat Height Adjustment,Front Electric Windows,Key Central Door Locking,Front/Rear Head Restraints,Leather interior,Radio/Cassette,Body Coloured Bumpers,Full Size Spare Wheel. £9,995 Non VAT Qualifying."

You'e paying for:

Dealer services

05 plate - 29 April 05

low mileage

aircon

leather

CD player

reach adjustable steering column? :(

full size spare? :(

If you've got the money...

:)

When I brought my GTI last week, I spoke to a used car trader i know, me checked in his little book just for a laugh, which is updated monthly. The book price of a GTI went up £570 last month, he said this is unheard of!!

I paid £3800 for mine, 02 plate, 58k, very good condition... Rather cheap!

LupoGTi residuals are pretty outstanding though - 40-50% retained value after 5-6 years? But then, I heard a rumour that of the 1000 registered in the UK, there are only about 700 left on the road. Not sure how true that is.

where are you guys buying your cheap Lupo Gti's from? £3800?!? with that spec is crazy cheap! I've searched the net hard for a cheap gti with no luck.

I just bought the gti with 105,000 miles from pistonheads for £2000

I think Ray got it right,

Dealer services

05 Plate

Low Mileage

Air Conditioning

Leather

CD player

Other than a sunroof and climate control (too rare to imagine) its had most of the spec it could have,

Pair that with a VW dealer selling it with a 1 year warranty (presumably) and the price is justifiable.

If they made a Lupo GTi now, and it was selling for £13k, i'd be VERY tempted, it may be sad, but its an extremely well equipt and thought out car.

I wouldnt touch it just because I know what a useless dealership they are! I wont go into details but not knowing what a Lupo GTI looked like said it all to me :lol:

I wouldnt touch it just because I know what a useless dealership they are! I wont go into details but not knowing what a Lupo GTI looked like said it all to me :lol:

Agreed, I've had poor experiences with them when I was looking at buying new, although I think the one in Port Talbot was a lot better, which I *think* was Sinclair too.

Agreed, I've had poor experiences with them when I was looking at buying new, although I think the one in Port Talbot was a lot better, which I *think* was Sinclair too.

Yeh I've heard Port Talbot are a lot better aswell, pretty sure their Sinclair like you said.

• 2 weeks later...
When I brought my GTI last week, I spoke to a used car trader i know, me checked in his little book just for a laugh, which is updated monthly. The book price of a GTI went up £570 last month, he said this is unheard of!!

I paid £3800 for mine, 02 plate, 58k, very good condition... Rather cheap!

May be due to the very small number that are for sale that one or 2 cheap or over priced ones can make a massive difference I'm not sure how it works parkers etc always values them at silly cheap prices