Rust on Roof

s2000king

^ glad its done matey :)

Mine has now been all done, pretty happy with the result, also had a few other bits sprayed whilst she was there, (VW arent cheap) lol

Bonnet, indicator pannel, front bumper, wing mirrors, drivers door, drivers rear 1/4, drivers sill, passenger rear 1/4, passenger sill and ding popped out the passenger door :)

Just report them to the VW head office if i were you, if you did then they might let you get it done with a well written letter. Worth a try anyway. If someone called my car a shed at a VW garage, id say "shed this" and drive through the showroom for fun!!!! lol :)......don't try that btw lol :P

Good luck with it all, if you need anymore help just ask on this thread mate or drop me a PM.

Cheers, James.

arches are not covered the rust has to be inside out, if the car has had a windscreen replacement too they will not honour the warranty.

arches are not covered the rust has to be inside out, if the car has had a windscreen replacement too they will not honour the warranty.

Mitchell is correct, it will not be covered if the car has been repaired or tampered with in any way (body and paintwork wise), but the only well known hot spot for common rust is the roof where it bubbles from under the paint (not due to a scratch or similar). This is then classed as a manufacturing defect and is dealt with accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, James.

Now that you mention it, in my folder of receipts that came with the car, mines had the screen replaced as well, how odd. Although my VW garage never asked so i did not tell lol ;)

Just wanted to bump this as I've noticed something on my roof last weekend.

I'll pop a picture up but I think it's been damaged from a previous window replacement. Just wondering whether people think it's worth questioning

I'll post one later

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what paint/rust is covered by the 12 year warranty?...My local vw have taken pix and paint 'readings' over the car but say the rear spoiler isn't covered?! It's a gti so this is a standard part and it has a couple of paint bubbles either side?!...surely the stealers are wrong?! a cars paint warranty is surely for the whole cars paint?! :huh:

All the above is true and also it seems that if you have any bubbles around the boot lid handle, this is also not covered by this guarantee.

Message to mods: would you like me to put a lot of info and contact numbers and such into the first post and get this thread pinned?? Just a thought!!! ;)

Cheers, James.