Rust on Roof

s2000king

Mine is going in to vw on Monday for the warranty guy to inspect it, hopefully will get it sorted!

good good, any pics please? im collecting. and when i finally manage to get mine done, i will make a list of all the pics i have as examples, and list any case numbers i have.

good good, any pics please? im collecting. and when i finally manage to get mine done, i will make a list of all the pics i have as examples, and list any case numbers i have.

will get some posted up when i have a minute

So,mine was inspected by Wayside VW bodyshop,they then did not even bother to submit it to VW.They just said it wont be covered as the car has had piantwork done previously.

I have now emailed the CEO and we will wait and see what happens.If they refuse I am gonna get rid and never buy VW again

So,mine was inspected by Wayside VW bodyshop,they then did not even bother to submit it to VW.They just said it wont be covered as the car has had piantwork done previously.

I have now emailed the CEO and we will wait and see what happens.If they refuse I am gonna get rid and never buy VW again

If it hasnt had the roof or the pillars resprayed, i see no reason why it shouldnt be done, otherwise it would be put down to improper paintwork by the previous work.

All I can say is moan like **** they will soon give in as its pennys to them

Mine went down on Monday, and the guy has sent it to vw but apparently he seems to think the gutter trims will not be able to be put back in, and that the only replacements are satin black ones! :-s hopefully will hear back from vw sometime this week to get it booked in!

Mine went down on Monday, and the guy has sent it to vw but apparently he seems to think the gutter trims will not be able to be put back in, and that the only replacements are satin black ones! :-s hopefully will hear back from vw sometime this week to get it booked in!

Yes strips should be replaced for a perfect fit, however they need to be painted to match the car. Putting plain black on is lazy.

the guy was telling me they buy them in pre painted, and the only ones that they can get are the satin black. if it doesnt happen with the proper black ones i will carefully take them out myself and put them back in when i get the car back! :rolleyes:

I've read a few pages of this thread... but not all 18! :o

I called in at the Gilders VW Bodyshop in Sheffield (Hillsborough) the other day.

The Lupo that I recently bought has rust bubbles on the roof.

The guy came out and took photos and paint thickness measurements and said he would send them off to VW.

Just waiting to hear the outcome now.

Fingers crossed.

It's taken them a while... (since November last year!) but Gilders rang up yesterday to approve a warranty claim... I dropped my car off with them this morning :)

Yay!

It's taken them a while... (since November last year!) but Gilders rang up yesterday to approve a warranty claim... I dropped my car off with them this morning :)

Yay!

great news, did u get any pics to add? i sent my email to the ceo yesterday, nothing back yet. may have to send a hard copy to his door.

got my lupo back today very pleased with the roof wish i had time to finish the repairs to the dents on the side but ah well very happy :D

got my lupo back today very pleased with the roof wish i had time to finish the repairs to the dents on the side but ah well very happy :D

Another call from VW today saying they have thoroughly looked over my case, and despite calling vw silver street who told them it should be done, they still say it was left too long. However had i had full VW service history they would have done it as a "courtesy". Basically they are being sods.

Which action would have best impact:

-Go to watchdog as originally threatened.

-Go to small claims court where no jury could rule in their favour.

Opinions?

Mine got approved to be done today, booked in after all the bank holidays! Still saying they can't get the exact match of gutter trim, only the satin black, which I guess will be like the pillar covers :-s

Mine got approved to be done today, booked in after all the bank holidays! Still saying they can't get the exact match of gutter trim, only the satin black, which I guess will be like the pillar covers :-s

They wont be like your pillars which are shiny, they will just be matt pitted plastic. They are required under the warranty to return the car to its original state. Strips probably always come unpainted and should just be painted while they have the paint in the spray gun for the roof. Hardly an effort for them?

They wont be like your pillars which are shiny, they will just be matt pitted plastic. They are required under the warranty to return the car to its original state. Strips probably always come unpainted and should just be painted while they have the paint in the spray gun for the roof. Hardly an effort for them?

I will see what they say when I take it down, if they aren't going to do it properly will remove the originals before it goes in.

Which dealer did you go to? The reason I ask is that we live close to Newcastle and have the same problem on my wifes Lupo TDI (51 reg). It would really help if we can go to a dealer who has already got approval for this type of claim - this is the only obvious rust and we would like to get it properly sorted as she is really fond of the car (owned 9 years) and intends to keep it.

Which dealer did you go to? The reason I ask is that we live close to Newcastle and have the same problem on my wifes Lupo TDI (51 reg). It would really help if we can go to a dealer who has already got approval for this type of claim - this is the only obvious rust and we would like to get it properly sorted as she is really fond of the car (owned 9 years) and intends to keep it.

Silverlink VW, thats the one I used about 2 momnths ago. Warranty blokes called Shawn.

Dose anyone know what dealers near Kent that do it, as i found some rust on my roof last week. :(

Cheers, Liam

Any vw dealer will do, they dont decide whether they cover it or not, vw uk does.

I went to pulman vw in fulwell, Sunderland. Taking it down on tuesday to have it done, hopefully can get the proper gutter trims fitted not the matt ones the guy is trying to tell me I am getting, lol