VW FOX GTI

danhufc

How about something similar to the Rallye peugeot. Lowered biggish engine. No frills, i.e. take everything out. Obviously don't call it a GTI.

with everything out of the interior it would be easier to cube. ;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how a new diddler from VW/SEAT/Skoda will compete with the offerings from other manufaturers. Smart ForTwo and C1/107/Aygo are all cheap enough and that's all you need for popping around town and local commuting with the odd bit of motorway work. If you want to spend more, the iQ, 500/Ka and MINI are there too.

If anyone dare say 'but the Lupo GTi offered excitement', it didn't on the sub 30mph urban commute (no car does), nor does a dash up the motorway conjure up big thrills.

If anyone dare say 'but the Lupo GTi offered excitement', it didn't on the sub 30mph urban commute (no car does), nor does a dash up the motorway conjure up big thrills.

At least in the Gti you dont mind being seen doing less than 30mph because there stunning. In an aygo you feel like a tool.

In an aygo you feel like a tool.

I'll have to rely on your experience for that one :P

My mate has a one, don't get me wrong there good at being a little car and the rear doors are a cool bonus.. BUT there's absoloutly nothing eye catching or "Special" about them.

The Aygo is Toyotas budget car and as you say, it's a good little car. I guess you can argue you're not really meant to feel special in it. Presumably, that's why the iQ exists; after all, you pay another £2000 for a shorter Aygo and save that whopping £35 a year road tax.

• 1 month later...

Come on the Fox aint that bad and yes there are some real problmes with it being

the ride height is crazy and feels weird when you get into it but you do get used to it after owening one for 9 months and the interior is plastic with a pthetic silver strip in the centre but you get what you pay for, get me from a to b so it does well.

of course its not going to be quick if you TRY dirve it like steve mcgueen from the film bullit , espicaly if you know its only 3 cyl's.

me personal im 50/50 on it i see cars i want to trade in for but why the car is CHEAP as F*** to run

j

the thing you have to take into consideration though:

1. maybe you bought a fox because you wanted a VW to be in the 'scene'?

2. maybe you bought a fox because you wanted something different than all your mates in corsas?

3. maybe you bought a fox because you actually liked the styling?

in the case of 1and 2 you should have bought a lupo, in the case of 3 you should have saved up for a golf?

People who like modding cars and vw's should buy one, it involves more thought and effort to make them look good (yes it can be gone, re Lukes).

They only things which bugged me were, the basic models didn't get colour coded lower bumpers, the ride height (which is probably similar to a standard lupo) and the lack of engines.

I think some people go along with the crowd, ie I have to hate on the fox.

the thing you have to take into consideration though:

1. maybe you bought a fox because you wanted a VW to be in the 'scene'?

2. maybe you bought a fox because you wanted something different than all your mates in corsas?

3. maybe you bought a fox because you actually liked the styling?

in the case of 1and 2 you should have bought a lupo, in the case of 3 you should have saved up for a golf?

Well my older bro had a lupo a while back for his first motor and my dad has had a golf gti but got shot of it for a Alfa Romeo 159,,,,,,, dont know why i had a fox to be honest just had the money for new so i though it just go for, wasnt really keen that was on the market or even the polo to be honest

:unsure:

i'd say the fox has no competition for me cos it's the only car i can think of you can get for well under 10k with a 1.4 engine

anything else like 107, aygo, c1, c2 all have either 1.0 or are more expensive

panda 100hp???

VW Have made the Passat CC recently which was totally pointless

but is a very sexy looking car. They re-released the Scirocco which

thanks to its lack of coupe styling is just a Golf.

SO i disagree that they aren't still taking risks.

However as much as a try and love the fox.. and i do try

it sits higher than the Caddy/Sharon.. and to be quite frank

I'd sooner have a Caddy or Sharon because at least they look attractive.

However it could be worse.. you could have bought a Golf plus.

for me choosing between those two is a bit like choosing which testicle i should chop off.

Doesn't matter which one i choose

I'll still feel less of a man.

People who like modding cars and vw's should buy one, it involves more thought and effort to make them look good (yes it can be gone, re Lukes).

They only things which bugged me were, the basic models didn't get colour coded lower bumpers, the ride height (which is probably similar to a standard lupo) and the lack of engines.

I think some people go along with the crowd, ie I have to hate on the fox.

Here, here. Vision is what's needed.

TBH the Lupo\Arosa looks pretty crap in standard guise.

Not talking about build qulity, but all manufacturers go through bad stages when they build new models and use new factories.

I think people bought new Fox due to the VW warranty, backup and reputation. I didn't intend modifing my Arosa 'til I found this place, but was just looking for a sensible toown car to replace a Mk3 Polo.

Don't label it as a GTi in fact debadge it apart from the VW roundels, keep the MK5 GTi wheels on it, maybe get lower profile tyres and lower it as much as possible. Keep it clean, keep it simple and love it.

Don't be a hater; don't follow the crowd. :)