VW FOX GTI

danhufc

Why don't VW do a fox gti? or are they going to a fox in a gti version?

Although my girlfriend wanted the new golf gti for her birthday i just couldn't aford 1 so i got her the fox and put some golf gti wheels on (which you have all had a laugh about!) ive also just bout the double exhauste tip and the golf gti badges for the rear and the gril, (ill post a pic later on in the week). what are your views on 'riping' a fox off with gti badges?

dan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lauryn

The Fox has to be the worst car I've ever put my bum in! I've had one as a courtesy car from VW for 2 weeks now and its awful! So huge and plastic and awful to drive, a GTi version would be a waste, its a rubbish car! All IMO of course.

Lauryn

Guest Lauryn
Can't believe that VW no longer make Lupo's, but make something as ugly as the Fox.

Don't think making a Fox GTI would improve such an awful car.

100% agree. I actually cringe when I see people I know, luckily they dont recognise me in such a hideous car! All my mates have been taking the piss out of it too! :lol: Cheap and nasty inside, sits like a 4x4, slow and rubbish to drive, makes me sad they replaced the Lupo with this :(

A Fox GTI just simply isn't viable.

The Fox was invented as a cheap car for South American people and was soon bought over to over countries such as the UK to replace the ageing Lupo in 2004.

The Lupo or Seat Arosa was based on a shortened Polo mk4 which soon got a face lift and became the Polo mk5. The Polo mk5 was replaced by the Polo mk6 in 2002 so they couldn't keep the Lupo going on for much longer.

The Fox is also to be replaced with the VW Up! by 2010.

Edited by Niche

i'd say the fox has no competition for me cos it's the only car i can think of you can get for well under 10k with a 1.4 engine

What difference does the 1.4 engine in the Fox make? The 1.4 in the Fox is as fast as the 1.2 12V in the Polo.

Fox 1.4 16V - 75PS

Polo 1.2 12V - 70PS

Polo 1.4 16V - 80PS

5PS isn't hardly worth comparing.

Edited by Niche

lol @ Earni

I think hmm 6k

Lotus Elise or VW Fox... :rolleyes:

I almost bought a Fox before the Lupo, then I sat in one and found it to be the second most hideous car I've been in - number one being a Citroen AX.

A GTi Fox would put shame on the GTi badge like the Mk3 GTi 8v and the non turbo Mk4 GTis did.

Guest Lauryn

You know how most smaller cars sit at roughly the same height, Corsas, Clios, Lupo, etc etc. I was sitting in the Fox next to my mate waiting for them to get out their Corsa, which may I add is lowered about 100mm, now you would expect in that circumstance maybe a 10/15cm height difference, no no, the Fox wing mirrors sit honestly about a foot and a half/2 feet higher, its unreal! I seriously feel like I'm driving a 4x4!

Guest Lauryn
A friend of mine drives a black fox, he loves it, everytime I go in it I don't feel safe.

Feels a bit like an A-class but not as good (if that were possible), almost like it is going to fall over.!

It is sort of like an A-class, same horrid high box shape! I know the Lupo is box like but its small and cute, the Fox is a BEAST!!!!!!

Although my girlfriend wanted the new golf gti for her birthday i just couldn't aford 1 so i got her the fox and put some golf gti wheels on (which you have all had a laugh about!) ive also just bout the double exhauste tip and the golf gti badges for the rear and the gril, (ill post a pic later on in the week). what are your views on 'riping' a fox off with gti badges?

dan

Don't do it people will point and laugh! :lol: (no but seriously they will!!)

Just leave as standard and lower it. :)

dan

You bought your girlfriend a fox for her birthday are you f-ucking insane?

I think the fact that VW felt the need to replace the Lupo/Arosa in as cheap a way as possible is very obvious with the introduction of the Fox. No big development costs were incurred so the car should be exceptionally profitable for VW in Europe. Of course, they'll claim otherwise. Their lack of faith in the model is demonstrated by the lack of the other (possibly more viable) Fox models.

Whatever form the sub-Polo takes, it has a tough fight on its hands, there are some very good city cars out there now.

the up or new lupo or whatever its called needs to bring what the lupo did - a bit of character and the original golf GTI feel (lupo GTI)

unfortunately the fox is a massive flop in my eyes as you can buy sooooo much more car for your money elsewhere

but i dont think the up is going to be any different, VW seem to be at a stage where their designs are too safe and boring, the lupo was one of a very few cars where people thought outside the box

What's taking two weeks to fix?

Lauryn's ECU is buggered!

As for the fox... I saw the hideous thing that Lauryn has been dumped with at the moment, I could actually fit my head in the arch gap, its about as high as a new style caddy van only its even less attractive!

I would never even consider buying one, they are quite simply crap cars!!