Black Lupo, Altrincham.

lupoluke

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

and i saw you this afternoon parked opposite cartwrights. i walked out the gates and gave you a nod, was suprised to see you parked up so close to where i work, you work for the engineering company opposite?

I wondered who you was I was picking my old man up, he works in freight welding. I have worked there also but i broke my spine so had to give it up. Do you remember seeing a cub step thru parked opposite the central stores.

No i did it on the stepthru out side the bay molten, did you go to londis on the brow quite often on your dinner, used to see a gti out side there quite often, what department do you work in.

Yep i did, though not as often now. I work in the drawing office which would explan the stupid haircut and the notepad lol. I'm so lazy i drive to the head office everyday and i only live a mile away

So you used to work in freight with grubby and Paul B?

your lupo looked very tidy btw, i like the wheels and is that a carbon bonnet?

Edited by Toi gulp

The drawing office do you remember a lad who worked in there for about a week before easter (drove a swift), yeah i used to be pete the electricians shadow lol and thanks but im not happy wih the lupo at the moment, its not low enough, needs lower pro tyres and centers for the rims the list goes on but funds are low. And yeah its carbon, I havent seen your lupo for ages now, always used to see it in altrincham center but i was never in my car.

lol no ive only been with the company since june, and i draw the drawbars, demounts, rigids and the odd semi so you used to work with dave saunders and that gang was it?

i think your car is tidy, youve done some good subtle detailing on it. i'm out and about every now and then, you'll usually find me trying not to crash my car on the country lanes nearby, but go through town on odd occasions. i cant say ive seen you around trafford college though as i live on the new housing estate behind it it was only the other day when i first saw your car!

:) Im from partington and my GF is from near the pelican so i go past your estate near enough daily, cant believe you not seen me, and i know them lanes like the back off my hand. And as far as i can remember daves the one who works in darrens dogs, i used to work all over as i was runnig wires down the chassis wireing the pumps up ect, was doing quite alot on asda double decks at the time, does paul whelan from freight ring a bell. And are you on un-phased, we could convoy to the next meet if your up for it.

i've seen a few lupo's around that area but no i cant say ive seen one with a black bonnet and bbs wheels (methinks). i need to pay more attention then.

the name doesnt ring a bell but i'm thinking you must of spent more time down at freight 2 now with piping and wiring, thats andy whitesides and mark wilsons lot isnt it.

nope not on un-phased so i should have a look, and get registered!

yeah my cars changed quite a bit you may remem it with the red bonnet and white wheels, ands its www.un-phased.com. Earnie off her is one of the mods. The meets are on the 3rd thursday of every month IIRC, they have a cracking turn out as well.

Back bumper really, insurance have got it so won`t know about slam panels till they get back to me, women drivers eh, she even had the cheek to give me false details so the police have been nvolved and tracked her down.

• 2 months later...
Back bumper really, insurance have got it so won`t know about slam panels till they get back to me, women drivers eh, she even had the cheek to give me false details so the police have been nvolved and tracked her down.

Ouch, sounds harsh!! did it all get fixed?

Sorry to join on your thread, but I was parked up in the entrance to STC the other day on the new road and seen your black Lupo fly past. (the night of the awesome lighting storm!!)

Look out for our Fantasia Green Lupo, its in the area loads. Either me or the Mrs driving it.

Live in Timperley village and work in Altrincham town centre!

good to know some other Lupos are about! Also spotted a black GTi on Park road and a Red GTi parked near VW Altrincham!!

Chris

Edited by chrisash32

if it had white wheels that was me! although i was on black wheels up until a few weeks ago. That thunder and lighting storm was so cool, i was taking my girlfriend home to chester and we had to drive through completely flooded roads, was much fun at 30mph a fountain either side of the car! jet washed it under-neath lol! i actually live just behind south trafford college, i'd just left the house when you must of saw me. i'll keep an eye out for you too.

on another note, i spotted you luke today going down chester road, between the canal; bridge and the vw dealer you didnt see me going the other way though!

and speaking of dealers the red gti belongs to abi at the VW dealer there.

and last night i followed and over-took a silver gti, apologies if it was a bit narrow and bumpy though.

woo! good to see some people about!

yeh, that must be Abi's GTi i have seen when i have been to VW.

When I was heading out in the lighting storm, i had to go down towards the M56 a Dunham. 30mph on that nice down hill 50 straight as the road was just flooded!! Gutted!

You might see the Lupo at Navi from time to time as that's my last resort parking space when I cant park near Honda in Altrincham.

It wont be stock for much longer, working in Milton Keynes this week and getting tints sorted next Saturday.

Also after some lowering springs and shocks but dont want to pay the earth for them!!! Ideas?

Also, the back box seems to have started blowing over the last week. Anyone got any recommended replacements? Or should i just stick to stock?

Did someone mention the pub? ;)

I was working at a call center opposite the honda in alti about 2 months ago, always used to park on the main road near the garage :), we should all go for a little photshoot some time. And i think most people use jetex or go to a company like powerflow and get a system made up custom.

I just sold some springs and shocks last week as well.

Edited by lupoluke

funny you should mention that, my exhaust really resontates when its warm, but i cant find it blowing anywhere. wheres yours suspectedly blowing from?

As for the springs theres a couple of things you could do, you cut a coil of your current springs or you could find springs off a lighter model lupo/arosa (not ideal but shoul lower it a small amount) as for the dampers find some second hand GTi items they should be sportier than a standard lupo's ones and designed for a lower car too.

i could recomend the axe and cleaver pub, nice big car park good food tucked away down some country lanes?