Project Custard - Silver Lupo GTi

Flying Custard

Recently bought a Silver GTi, 34k on the clock, FSH, 6 speed, a/c, leccy sunroof.

Really needed a wash but heres some pics i took on my phone :rolleyes:

Image004.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image015.jpg

My favourate gadget is the bluetooth Parrot B)

P1000089.jpg

Have already fitted some KW V1's which i purchased from Kam Racing ;)

Image014.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image012.jpg

Image016.jpg

P1000036.jpg

And most recently bought LupoDans TH Mono's :D Really love these wheels :eek:

Will get some pics of when i've clean her and have done a couple of the smaller mods i have planned, but these will have to do for now.

P1000092.jpg

P1000093.jpg

P1000098.jpg

P1000097.jpg

P1000102.jpg

P1000096.jpg

P1000101.jpg

Hope you like so far :lol: and sorry for the stupid amount of pics :P

Mat

Edited by Flying Custard

Arrhh...

GTI!! I'm loving it. Nice wheels I'll admit... Noticed your front wheel is bent a little... I've got this problem too. Any way to overcome this?

xXx-Amy-xXx

Looks great, I love the wheels!

Its a nice spec GTi aswell to have A/C and sun roof!

Cheers dude! Yeah was pretty happy with the spec; been able to open the sun roof with the recent weather :D well... a little bit anyways!

Nice Arosa btw!

Arrhh...

GTI!! I'm loving it. Nice wheels I'll admit... Noticed your front wheel is bent a little... I've got this problem too. Any way to overcome this?

xXx-Amy-xXx

Bent?! :huh: I bloody hope not!! :(

If you mean the excessive camber when i was fitting my coilovers then yeah, first pass it was sitting a 5.5 deg -ve :surprise: So reemed out the hole a little and now running at 1.5 deg -ve :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about the wheels, an aquired taste but I love them... my house mate hates them but he drives a BMW convertable with no indicators so :paperbag: time!

Quick update, i've been trawling the t'interweb for some stickers. Was looking for a frosted 'clublupo.co.uk' window stickers but 'apparently' they only come in red :(

But found this instead :D

P1000118.jpg

P1000117.jpg

P1000120.jpg

I use to drive the Cat & Fiddle when i was at Uni in Sheffield. Awesome roads all around that area :yes:

What you guys and gals reckon?

Mat

Cheers dude :lol:

So you're looking for a black sport hey?

No worries mate, nah not a sport, just getting a black 1.4 's' model off a mate. totally standard but on philj coilies. should have it this week or next.

Just had an email confirming the BMC CDA has been dispatched today :)

And also won the bidding on a VW MFD on ebay yesterday so really looking forward to getting that fitted. Only reservations are:

• The Lupo currently has a 6 CD changer but i will have to remove this to fit the MFD and i believe that this doesn't play CD's... can anyone confirm this?
  • Where to put the sat-nav antenna?
  • Does the MFD have an audio in so i can have a mini jack hidden somewhere to plug an ipod into?

I will get some more pics up as soon as i've fitted them... watch this space :D

Mat

The MFD does not play CDs - quite correct. There isn't a standard audio in, but if you hunt around ebay there are ways to acheive this. A Dension or similar adaptor will allow you to plug in and control your ipod from the MFD, which is quite neat. You could also consider running a lead round to the boot for a multichanger.

The antenna is fairly easy to fit, best place is behind the upper centre console as far up as you can go (I think I got mine above the heater vents). It gets a very good signal here.

Make sure you have removal keys as they're different for the MFD! (it's a tight fit)

BMC CDA is now fitted with a few oversights here! But now making a rather nice roar, i'll get some pics up over the next week :lol:

Looks nice, mono's rock B)

Cheers mate, really loving them! B)

The MFD does not play CDs - quite correct. There isn't a standard audio in, but if you hunt around ebay there are ways to acheive this. A Dension or similar adaptor will allow you to plug in and control your ipod from the MFD, which is quite neat. You could also consider running a lead round to the boot for a multichanger.

The antenna is fairly easy to fit, best place is behind the upper centre console as far up as you can go (I think I got mine above the heater vents). It gets a very good signal here.

Make sure you have removal keys as they're different for the MFD! (it's a tight fit)

I've heard people mentioning these dension adapters so will have a look, just need to buy an iPod now! :lol:

Is it possible to have an iPod set up and a changer or is it one or the other?! :huh: Looked at CD changers and they're well cheap :D Happy days!

I've not even got a set of keys to remove the existing radio and dash mounted changer, looking on ebay there are sets of 4 key which say they can remove most VW headunits... what you reckon?! Clicky

Edited by Flying Custard

• 4 months later...