A few pics of my cars.....

Steve TDI

The pink scoob again! ;)

set your white balance mate!

[unbiased opinion] Nope, not at all [/unbiased opinion]

It's nice and nippy, however, i've got a nice rebuilt 1.6 going in with a bit of work done to it in the next few months.

Driveway mods FTW :D :D

Many have tried and been dissapointed... hit the rev limit in 1st and not changing up gave me ample time to get past.

I've had about 5 people say "**** off" when i've told them it's a 1.6. They always think it's a 2.0 "redtop". Others i've told them to guess the engine... they end up saying 2.0... I smile at them, they smile back. I then say it's a 1.6 and I then watch their big smile drop. I'm good like that :D

When it comes to a corner then it's another world. I don't think that the steering wheel is attached to the wheels!!! It just drifts all over the place. It really isn't safe at speed. It's all getting ripped out and replaced with new or uprated so all will be good in the end.

Them Lexmaul inlets are "Rarer than Rocking Horse ****" They are not making any more. They can go for £300 easy 2nd hand. I've got a mantzel inlet manifold on mine.

Engine is going to have when i'm done.... Head work, cams, adjustable Vernier Pulleys. Lightened flywheel / crank / bottom pulley. Standalone management (don't know what yet). I've changed the FD in the gearbox to give better acceleration but you may loose top end speed. On a track it's not that important.

I'm going to get the weight down to 750kgs and the BHP will be around the 140 mark depending on how well the mapping goes.

Edit: so it'll be 186BHP/TON. It's 150BHP/TON right now (125.2bhp and 840kgs).

Edited by Steve TDI