New member Hello to all.

SIMTECH

Hi guys

been following the forum for a few weeks now. Just got a Silver 1.0s Arosa. Great little car, if a little gutless, but its just for getting to and from work. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

welcome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> my arosa/lupo is gutless because it doesnt have an engine... or a chasis for that matter... (still havent got one sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />)

i would have to say , hello , and yes i own a platinum 1 litre S arosa as well , maby we should have a poll to see how many arosa owners own each type just for intrest's sake cause by the looks of things theres a fair few 1litre S arosas

Guys, just for arguments sake, I was at my mechanic the other day when a customer rolled in with a 1 litre lupo. The guy wanted to squeeze out some more ponnies from the 1.0 lump and asked my mechanic to do a bit of tuning. Apparently, and I need some confirming from you guys now, appartenly Volkwagen are using the old Skoda 1.0 engine with rockers and pushrods on the Lupo? Is that true? are they using the same engine on the Aros 1.0 S as well? I mean that engine is years old, probably as much as 15 years old.....?

• 2 weeks later...

pushrods ? lol i doubt it, they used pushrods in beetle engines :S rockers , could be , but i would have thought it would be like the golf 8v engine with a single cam on the top of the valves using hydraulic buckets or shims.

cant c much of a power gain doing up a 1.0

btw whats the price difference from the 1.0 to the next model up with a bigger engine 1.4 75bhp ?

welcome btw , whoops :oops: