How to: Post Pictures

Thought I'd update this thread, as everything looks like it's changed in the Photo hosting sites world, since this was first posted about ten years ago.

You can now add pics to a thread, but if you just add them direct from your phone library or laptop or whatever, they may be too big- lots of mega pixels- so you need to resize them down to something like 800x600. You'll be stopped and then get a message if they are too big.

The image you will have just uploaded is now stored on the club lupo server, so should be there forever. Unless the site storage costs start to become too expensive. @MattyB who helps maintain the server/hosting keeps expanding the site's memory allocation for all of us every now and then. (Click on ad links occasionally, as it pays for this site- then delete all your browser's cookies.)

You can add more than one pic, but the total size is limited. I've also noticed that it is time and day limited, so if you want to keep adding pics to a thread, you'll need to spread them out in time. I don't fully understand the algorithm that sets the size limits...

You can still host pics on 3rd party sites and link to them, but as you may have already noticed, many old threads no longer show the images (which in the last month has happened to tinypic- now a paid service). But if you want the image to be there 'forever' keep it in house, as 3rd party image hosts change all the time.

If you are reading a thread and an image isn't visible, it will have been hosted on a third party site. Chances are that the site no longer exists, or something has changed on that site which blocks external viewing. There are loads of threads now that look completely abandoned and forgotten in time. But more often than not they are still being used by people as a very useful reference. The only thing I can suggest is to contact the member who posted the image and ask them to upload it again- if they still have it. This is especially true for "how-to" threads- You can check the last time a member was logged in by checking their profile. If it's been a few months or years, they probably no longer use club lupo.

If there's an image missing in an old thread and you have no luck tracking down the owner, it's always worth making a public request to ask for someone else to take a new pic and post it :)

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.