• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shsshhh......

Why?

You think someones gonna copy :lol::P

Dash is a pig eh?

Once you've put your back in you can come and help me with mine.. 4 years ago when I took it out.

God knows how it goes back in! lol

Dash is a pig eh?

Once you've put your back in you can come and help me with mine.. 4 years ago when I took it out.

God knows how it goes back in! lol

In that case you need the pratice and can help me do mine in 8 weeks or so, then you will be ready to put urs in with my help :P

:lol: I'll tell you what, if we managed to get the mids into the Polo in two days (ie... if I don't get full of Vodka) then its a deal lol

sounds like a plan....

how about some woo woo......

:D

280mm Discs.

IMG_4526.jpg

Spot the n-deliberate mistake!

IMG_4566.jpg

OK So here how this goes.

Day one.

Following quiet a heavy session the first cock up came when I removed the GTI calipers, carriers and 256mm discs. More on that later.

The next cock up came when I fitted the extremely cheap work sourced Euro Car Parts 280mm Discs.

While fitting the second disc I noticed what looked like a machined 'notch' in the disc.

Not knowing what the hell it was, and not thinking of calling anyone who did we made the uninformed decision that the disc was defected.

A call to Euro's confirmed there was no local branch so a second pair was ordered through GSF.

Not a problem I thought, once back home I'll drop them off and get my money back.

I'm sure everyone else will know, but just incase the Notch was there to allow the disc to be balanced!

A call to Pete, and a decision was made I'd keep the discs and use them on the Polo.. "Not to worry, I found a spare set of Carriers in the garage"

Back to cock up number one.

We've only stripped and painted the wrong bloody carriers!

Vodka, and cars do not go hand in hand! :lol:

Back to cock up number one.

We've only stripped and painted the wrong bloody carriers!

Vodka, and cars do not go hand in hand! :lol:

Lucky you aren't putting the engine back in your car... you could wake up one morning and find that after 5 years there's still a 1.0 under the bonnet :lol:

The Arosa/Lupo is looking great so far ;)

Lucky you aren't putting the engine back in your car... you could wake up one morning and find that after 5 years there's still a 1.0 under the bonnet :lol:

The Arosa/Lupo is looking great so far ;)

Indeed that would be aweful...

luckily iv only had it less than half of that time.....

Just need to fit towbar to my polo and it will be in the bodyshop!!!

Bet your so excited!

Fingers crossed mines done the same sort of time.. I'll tow it down and we can figure out how to put them back together together lol

sounds like a plan, we might be able to make one complete car!!

oh and yes i am v excited

B)

• 3 months later...

Where did this re-appear from i wonder :P

ok updates..

engine is being split currentlly so I can fit some more goodies...

I have updated the brakes

and i am undecided on a few bits regarding the body work.... so thats on a go slow atm,

since last update iv sold my house, moved in with parents awaiting my new place and had a call today to say i need to complete in 21 days, so there wont be mant updates over the next month or so...

in addition to that iv been putting some more hours in on myy other project so this has been a litlle neglected

ill get some pics up soon

How have I not seen this thread before?!

The main reason why I have bought an Arosa over the Lupo is them round headlights and you go and fit them headlights to an Arosa, Do'h!!!

Should be quick when it's done though. How much power was it running and what will it have after you've done playing with it?

• 2 weeks later...