Panel Filters

Drew

larkspeed in leeds had a few bmc's and the black 90 degree bends in stock so they may be able to make a kit up for you. they may also have a pannel filter in stock. worth a try.

I don't mean to hijack, but this point interested me. My g/f Loop has an issue with oil clogging up a sensor or something and the light comes on on the dashboard. It doesn't affect the drive and we just ignore it now. But would a panel filter help? It's only a 1.0 BTW.

also...

is that true?

Not a very specific question ;) but I guess you mean the oil from the crankcase breather is causing problems? An oil catch tank should sort you out, do a search and you will see what I mean

You would have to inform you ins company about a panel filter, as it is not a direct replacement using a part of manufacturer specifications. Wether you bother or not is your choice.

That's a bit odd Luke... Your heater doesn't draw any heat off that pipe! It draws heat from a small radiator (Heater Matrix) inside/under the main blower motor!

Having the pipe will make the car heat up quicker though, so his heaters will be hot faster surely?

Having the pipe will make the car heat up quicker though, so his heaters will be hot faster surely?

The hot air pipe from the Manifold only goes into the Engine air intake (Throttle body)... Not into the cabin air intake...

It won't make a difference to the heating inside the car... If anything It should warm up quicker without the hot air feed as a colder intake temp = a hotter combustion meaning the coolant should if anything warm up faster.

It won't make a difference to the heating inside the car... If anything It should warm up quicker without the hot air feed as a colder intake temp = a hotter combustion meaning the coolant should if anything warm up faster.

Ahh I see. Learn something new everyday!

Al - how do you blank off the hot air feed pipe?

Me personally, I let a technician do it... lol.

Usually involves removing the T shape pipe where it splits from Hot/Cold/Airbox and using a hose joiner to join the airbox feed and cold feed together.

larkspeed in leeds had a few bmc's and the black 90 degree bends in stock so they may be able to make a kit up for you. they may also have a pannel filter in stock. worth a try.

We've got one left in stock if anyone is wants one:

BMC GTi Panel Filter

• 8 years later...
On 04/02/2009 at 7:17 PM, AwesomeAl said:

For the Lupo we only stock the K&N and the Pipercross Pannel filters.

Induction kits are all special order for the Lupo.

We have previously done Side by side comparisons on an R32 which was fitted first with a Pipercross Pannel, then a K&N Pannel, then a K&N 57i Intake kit, then a Neuspeed P-Flo kit, then a Carbonio CAI kit :)

The pipercross and K&N both came out pretty much bang on the same. Both of these gave a slighly faster rise in torque in comparison to the standard paper filter but didn't really add much to the top end (1 or 2bhp.)

I'm not certain about that myself. It doesn't cost anything to blank off the hot air feed pipe.

I've been at a rolling road day where one gti had either a K&N or a Pipercross Open cone filter fitted and lost power from standard!

During our R&D on the Lupo 1.4 16v Maps, we were able to get another 5bhp on top after replacing the paper filter with a K&N Pannel and blanking the hot air pipe.

How did you blank off the hot air feed pipe?