Apple iPhone

bjblyth

So I've had one about 10 days and was wondering if anyone else had one on here??

If so, what do you think of it as a phone and/or as a gadget?

Any applications you recommend??

I love how it syncs so well with my Mac, the calendars syncing have made my life easier to organise because i dont forget stuff by the time I get home, using MobileMe it autosyncs! It reminds me on my computer for an event I typed in on my iPhone and vice versa - awesome.

3G seems pretty quick everywhere I've been so can't complain at network service, but I've never had a problem with o2.

Discuss!

I have a program called Locly on mine.

Its pretty cool. You can find stuff local to your iPhone... Either Wikipedia entries, Flickr uploads, local events, restaurants, pubs, cafes, taxis, ATM's and petrol stations!

I also have the eBay application, wiki tap, facebook, shozu (for uploading pics to Photo****et) Shazam and IM+ Lite (for MSN on the go)

I've got:

facebook

Shazam

Vicinity

eBay

MMS

EasyWriter

Wikipanion

Google

iChalky

Tap Tap

Bejeweled 2

Sudoku

iMahjong

Sol Free

Bomberman

FourFree

TicTacFree

FingerPiano

Word Warp

Tetris

BrainChallenge

Dots Free

Remote

Traffic Info

TubeStatus

BigOven

Drinks Free

Google Earth

Night Camera

Fake Calls

Night Stand

iPint

Lightsaber

midomi

iSteam

iHandy Level

Capital FM

not sure if this is the right place to put this but my iphone should be here tomorrow after selling my blackberry storm what a load of crap that thing was rubbish! was just wondering if anyone new if i could wire my ipod into my standard stereo in my gti?

I LOVE my iPhone!!

I've got some cool apps...

My favourite at the moment is called iPity - it's a Mr T thing! I love it.

I've also got

Facebook

eBay

Shakespeare

Paypal

Beecells

BBCReader

Tioti TV+

Texas Hold Em Poker

iHandy Level

Fish Tycoon

I Can Has Cheezburger (which includes Fail Blog)

Google Earth

Tic Tac Toe

MMS

Wikipanion

Dots

Capital FM

Backgrounds

Solitaire

I also love how you can save pages as bookmarks and then they have a little icon on the home screen. The Club Lupo one is quite cool!

Frankie.xx

TV Plus is a pretty slick app.

Links to your Sky+ online account so you can set your STB to record from anywhere.

RunKeeper is great if you a runner? Tracks you with GPS and maps your route and gives you some stats etc.

Edited by Joe

TV Plus is a pretty slick app.

Links to your Sky+ online account so you can set your STB to record from anywhere.

RunKeeper is great if you a runner? Tracks you with GPS and maps your route and gives you some stats etc.

I've been looking at some running apps. Before my iPhone I had Nike+, but I'm looking for an app with GPS aswell to track my route! I've seen a few.. decisions, decisions LOL!!

Frankie.

GPRS doesn't....

But GPS is useless unless the sensor can see the sky...

Mobile phones usually use Assisted GPS, which is enhanced for indoor use so I imagine it should continue to work in pockets.

Yeah but it's only assisted by GPRS which is accurate to within 0.5km and Wifi (which if you are running you're not gona have a wifi signal)

To be fair, the iPhone 3g's GPS is utterly useless... I tried using it the other day to find VW Audi Spares in middleton and got lost 9 times.

The location "crosshair" kept on moving around the screen...

It just doesn't work propperly unless the face of the phone has a clear view of the sky above it.

Edited by AwesomeAl

I find the GPS handy too - I did some market research in Stockport - had no idea where I was going and I went by train so was relying on the 'walking' option on Maps once I got out of the station. Got me to the door of the company accurately - can't complain at that at all.

My only problem is that it said it would take 24mins to walk there. Took me about half that so I was hanging around for a while!!