superlupo's 1.8T project!

Guest `sps-si`

Guest `sps-si`

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> right thats the easy part out the way!

now comes the fun bit biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

3.5 hrs to get it out not bad going me thinks!

000_0005.jpg

000_0007.jpg

000_0006.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest `sps-si`
biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> thought you lot might spot that! it the workshop mascot laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
It's the old find a `man-you`-like to do the work then mrgreen.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mrgreen:" border="0" alt="mrgreen.gif" />

You do realise a Yorkshire man is tighter than the scots? :? :wink:

les of the socts tigz!! lol

This is what this company expect to u to pay 2800 for low pressure turbo with manifold and downpipe, intercooler and piping, oil return for the sump, all bolts, washers and nuts needed and a ECU modification then only charge 200 bucks to fit? thye must be making a hell of a profit on the kit ?

Pat

QUOTE(mdubgti)
can i pay you to take me for a spin in it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you can pay me!!! like im gonna let si drive!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

anyway he can't reach the pedals. haha laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i can't wait till it's finished. i just have to keep throwin money at si otherwise he'll stop. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

im gonna get a hybrid turbo for it next year... i figured i'd get used to the drive first then go stupid.. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

still quite sad about seein my loop in pieces tho.

This is an amazing post, well enjoying it.

Nice to see how the project goes, scared of hacking my Gti for the 20vt and seems a lot of work.

However if the conversion goes well then I know who I will be talking to about my (impossible?) quest for a 200bhp cammed, throttle bodied Gti engine.

(p.s. ive never had a turbo car so im sure im probly missing out but had throttle bodies and wow did they make an aural orgasm every time I opened the throttle).

Guest `sps-si`

latest update.......

well it does fit. about 1 inch clearance in cambelt side and the gearbox mount slots straight into the original mount which i will 'beef' up. now just a simple subframe for rear and front support then we can bolt her down.

have to move the brake lines to the abs unit ever so slightly. i sware this could be a diy job for anyone with a bit of confidance!

pics to follow!