Forged pistons

Forged rods

Racing cams

Gas-flowed head

Sachs paddle clutch

Handling mods:

Nitron suspension

Quaife limited-slip differential

Oz Super-turismo wheels (16 inch front, 17 inch rear)

Kuhmo KU31 tyres

Braking mods:

AP racing four-pot calipers (front)

Braided hoses

Ferodo DS2500 front pads

Mintex M1144 rear pads

ABS cut-off switch

Aerodynamic mods:

Carbon fibre/kevlar front splitter

Carbon fibre rear spoiler

Carbon fibre rear high-level wing

Carbon fibre rear diffusors

Wheel-arch vents

Styling mods:

Carbon fibre turbo intake vents

Carbon fibre front 'V'

Rear tinted window

6000k HID headlights (since photo taken)

Interior mods:

Carbon fibre dash plates

Stack ST8130 street race dash

Plus probably other stuff I've forgotten :)

The man is alive! Hello Snoop. Very long time no hear! New car looks spot on. I myself have strayed from the Lupo stable and now have an Octavia vRS. Sadly mile munching requirement prevented anything small and light, but it can also tow......... Been to the ring yet Snoop?

Not too keen on the spoiler, is it needed with the diffuser?

Well none of it's needed ;)

The diffusor is relatively cosmetic, it has a small effect but not much, really need side skirts and about another 2 inches off the car height to make it have a major effect and that would make it undrivable on the road (it already has problems with aggressive speed-bumps).

The standard 'lip' spoiler is completely cosmetic, and I'd probably remove it if it wasn't for the holes it would leave in the rear clam.

The wing is functional and allegedly has been wind-tunnel tested to generate 60kg downforce at 100mph. It gives by far the biggest effect of all the aero mods and helps with the rear-end lift that the car has as standard (which is useful when you have a top speed of 170mph in a fibreglass car!)

The man is alive! Hello Snoop. Very long time no hear! New car looks spot on. I myself have strayed from the Lupo stable and now have an Octavia vRS. Sadly mile munching requirement prevented anything small and light, but it can also tow......... Been to the ring yet Snoop?

No, not been to the ring yet sadly. Definitely still on my list of things to do, though!

I retract my previous statment. :o

:P

Looks like a bit of a weapon! Did you buy it with the mods done?

Yeah, pretty much everything you see was already done when I bought it. I can never justify spending the money getting stuff like that done, even though I knew that I wouldn't be happy with a VXT unless it had suspension and minor power upgrades to smooth out the delivery. This was more than I ever hoped to find though, it's probably one of the 3-4 most modified VXs in the country.

I love VXes, no matter what spec. The ex and I went to look at one before we baught the TT Coupe (Dont ask why he picked the TT instead. Gay.) and i instantly fell in love with the VX - just drove superbly and went like **** of a shovel :lol:

Hey, maybe when im a grown up i can have one :P

That doesnt look too bad!

What sort of power is it putting down?

It's supposed to be 300bhp but due to unknown reasons it's 'only' ~275bhp (I get told off for using the word only quite often...)

Still works out to roughly 300bhp/tonne though :)

Superb Price?

£17,500.

Long time no hear from...

You covered some miles in the 2.2, well done for staying faithful to the lightweight, real deal, sportcar club and buying another one.

The new car spec reads like it is a very well sorted car (apart from the horrendous rear spoiler - would have stopped me buying the car but only my opinion). Very much liking all the other modifications, especially the engine and suspension modifications, I bet it goes and handles fantastic.

Silly question but does it feel silly fast? My Elise is 200bhp and that feels quick enough for now (have been looking at the 260bhp charger conversions) so 275bhp must be fantastic fun, maybe even scary fun.

Hope you enjoy a-plenty.

IT'S A WING, NOT A SPOILER! :P

I was worried it would feel 'too fast' to be usable (in terms of grip level and the like) but it really doesn't (although you have to treat it with a lot of respect). It obviously is very quick, and most noticeably compared to my 2.2 is that it stays very quick up to very dangerous speeds, unlike the 2.2 which would start to struggle to feel 'fast' at motorway speeds. You can very easily get to extremely illegal speeds on motorway sliproads before you know it. (Not helped by a dash that barely bothers to show your speed)

Out of all the mods it has the one I'm most impressed with is the limited-slip diff, the sheer amount of power you can put down both through the corners and in a straight line is phenomenal. If I buy another (or an Elise) then it'll be the first thing I fit. Having said that, I can see why Lotus insist on you having TC fitted at the same time as an LSD on the Exige, as you really need to know what you're doing.

I looked at the 111R and Exige when I was buying this one (I had an Elise S when my blue VX was in the garage after someone hit it, and loved the relative civilisation compared to the VX) but they just didn't seem fast at all to me. Obviously the Exige is phenomenal through the bends (although a lot of that is I think due to the tyres) but it just felt like it wasn't a huge step up from the 2.2 VX in a straight line (which also confirmed my experiences with them when in the 2.2 VX, they'd obviously pull away but I was expecting to be destroyed whereas I was only mildly thrashed). The VX though, with the turbo power delivery and of course the much higher power output does feel seriously rapid.

Having said that if I could have afforded a supercharged Exige then I'd almost certainly have bought one as (although I never test-drove one) from reports and from the stats it should be a truly superb car.

Oh, and for anyone thinking I'm dissing the Elise, I'm not. The Elise S was a simply superb car that would be number one on my list of recommended cars for anyone wanting their first intro into a mid-engined sports car, having simply sublime handling and an engine that just begs you to drive it (whilst not being powerful enough to get you into too much trouble). Had I been able to afford an Exige that would have given me the performance I wanted I would have bought one.

Edit: Oh, and for what it's worth the wing looks a *lot* better in person, I've yet to find an angle that works very well in photos (although the front view makes it look pretty good, and people don't see the back of it for very long ;) )

Edited by Snoopy