Dan's Grey Lupo *now up for sale*

dj_lupz

Nice one join the club now.

Um your idea about smoothing that other bit out as the corsa is... man I wouldnt do that. Have a bump thats it, **** loads more work. And theres such a thing as too smooth :P

I know what you mean about been 2 smooth !

anyway

No more up dates untill the 23jan when i'm back home for a week and i'm planning on cracking on with the car :D

just try not to have a bump if you wanna smooth everything,

could maybe bolt the bumper to wing & than fill it?

but same as said, your pretty much ****ed if anything bad happens to your car,

just gotta be extra careful with an everyday smoothed low car obv,

but top work, and i hope for your sake that number plate recess & anything else doesn't sink &/or crack :)

I really think you need to make friends with someone from a bodyshop or someone who has knowledge about bodywork cause the way your going at the mo isn't the greatest to be honest. Put it this way, if you bought a house, you'd be happy painting and decorating. You'd be happy building cupboards, tables and putting up shelves. Putting carpets down but if you wanted something plastering you'd call someone who knows what they are doing. Cause its a specialty skill. I had a couple of bashes at DIY bodywork and quite frankly it looked great at the time and I was chuffed with it. But looking back on it now it looks ****e. I'm no bodywork expert but my mate is and hes been showing me how to do things. I've picked up whats good and not good to do and what your doing looks to me all wrong. You haven't made a proper plate for the bumper recess. Its just a chunk so you have to put less filler in. There a huge gap in it which will mean more filler and a ton of filler will sink and crack. You want to make something thats more or less the exact size so that it just slots in and you only have to skim over it with filler so it doesn't crack.

I really think you need to make friends with someone from a bodyshop or someone who has knowledge about bodywork cause the way your going at the mo isn't the greatest to be honest. Put it this way, if you bought a house, you'd be happy painting and decorating. You'd be happy building cupboards, tables and putting up shelves. Putting carpets down but if you wanted something plastering you'd call someone who knows what they are doing. Cause its a specialty skill. I had a couple of bashes at DIY bodywork and quite frankly it looked great at the time and I was chuffed with it. But looking back on it now it looks ****e. I'm no bodywork expert but my mate is and hes been showing me how to do things. I've picked up whats good and not good to do and what your doing looks to me all wrong. You haven't made a proper plate for the bumper recess. Its just a chunk so you have to put less filler in. There a huge gap in it which will mean more filler and a ton of filler will sink and crack. You want to make something thats more or less the exact size so that it just slots in and you only have to skim over it with filler so it doesn't crack.

i know what i said earlier & that but i have to agree with Kam here, im confident under the bonnet/under the car & i know my quality of work would be fine :)

but when it comes to body work, i do the odd bits and they look ok, but i prefer to use professionals tbh, & lots & lots of filler is a big no no, i hate filler, but it is needed in proportion, but you can tell something is gonna crack or sink on your car mate :(

I know what your saying its the biggest piece of foam i could get hold of.

like i've said before if it all goes balls up i'll take it to the body shop and let them do it but at least i can say i've tried.

the bumper cracked where a twisted it a couple of days back.

i'll see how it goes i have no deadlines so might have to do it again but its a learning curve

How have your bumper recess been done "Hoopty" & "DarkStryder360" ? ?

mate plastic welding is the only way iam touching my bumpers. ok yer it takes so long but you will use every little filler and as far as i know its just as strong as before. iam doing mine at the mo so will post a few pics up of how i done it if it helps? iam sure olw platic welded his bumpers too.

iam loving the idea of smoothed wings into the piller i did look at doing it but i didnt think it would look smooth, i.e there would be a dip where the top of the wings meet the piller. you got any close up's?

Edited by lupo_1.0

yeh cheers mate that would help i migth have to do that if this method fails.

my main let down was the size of foam and the tools a was using.

i'll get some for you in 2 weeks a give them a primer before i left, coz i'm back up uni now.

but hope this helps below

a-pillor.jpg

i know its your car mate but i would really start over and get them welded. not saying what to do but just think when your car is sprayed and then it cracks and its 80% it will if its only filler then it will cost you a lot more the 2nd time doing them.

Ye i know what your sayin, i need to get them welded.

I will drive the car just not much i don't need it while i'm at uni.

Plans for lupo when i'm home on fri 23 till sunday 1st;

strip intearia compleatly.

finish front bumper and spray.

Prima interia plastics

sand car right down all over

removed dash

Fit;

Might try fitting a little something ;)

canutellwotitisyet.jpg

fit new dash ( eventualy going to get flocked)

fit new parts if they come..

i'll keep the updates coming

:D

cosidering your going for the smooth option, ever thought of doing the bumper to the grill?? thats what i did, and i think it look soooo much better, theres a pic floating around someware, can get 1 if you want? can just about make it out in my sig.

Edited by musto

I really would get that pillar to wing welded mate.

You will go out of your drive, down a bump slightly and it will crack from the flex there. And that gonna be an expensive respray when it cracks, alot to blend in there.

I really would get that pillar to wing welded mate.

You will go out of your drive, down a bump slightly and it will crack from the flex there. And that gonna be an expensive respray when it cracks, alot to blend in there.

I am mate but guna get that done when it goes to body shop,

its on my list to sand it back down and stuff in my week off next week

:)