Dan's Grey Lupo *now up for sale*

dj_lupz

Right guys/girly's as some of you my know my car is in a faily bad state at the min and its been stood since september in a garage.

But now i've back fro uni i've started a little bit of work going to keep this as a project over the next few years.

and i have a fair few plans.

some you many know others are a bit hush hush

If any of you would like to help me out i am in needs of a front grille which holds the indecators and surrounds the headlights, also a left indecator, and a new dashboard.

Also i'm have a bit of trubble removing my rear seats i've done this before with my mate lupo in abit 30 mins but hes and 2 seats in the back where as mine in the 5 seater with a bench and i am having real diffulity with it :angry2:

I will post some pic's to mora of the damage and the updates so far..

Edited by dj_lupz

To make your life simple why not find a lupo at a local scrappy and pilfer all the bits you need off it.

Theres a few on ebay at the moment, even a black one. ;)

I second this emotion, easiest and best way imo

to remove the 3 seat rear. take out the bottoms of the seat lay the top down where the bottoms where and pull the seat back towards the windscreen. If you want give me a shout of xmas and i'll pop over fella.

to remove the 3 seat rear. take out the bottoms of the seat lay the top down where the bottoms where and pull the seat back towards the windscreen. If you want give me a shout of xmas and i'll pop over fella.

Cheers mate

you don't understand i've been at it 2 days and just watch me go do it in 30sec's now.

Ialready have the bottom bench out just the back bit.

but if i'm strugglin i'll giv you a bell, cheers mate.

Gaz that rear seat was a right pain in the ass but it's out now, theres a bolt at the bottom which you have 2 slide out 2 the lief but it about 40mm long so goes into the seat a bit if you get be but with my dads help and suc screw drivers it came out :D

A few pic updates

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

Edited by dj_lupz

why did you blow up the airbags?? and or How lol.

Long story there is a thread on it sum where...

Week before I went 2 uni some **** put paint stripper down one side.

Then I wanted 2 drive it before I when away so the day before I moved away I was driving down a notoriously bad road and I hit a bad pot hole which was about 2/3 inch deep then just in front of the was a raised grate which was about 2ich so in total about 5inhc which was how low my car probably off the floor, it must of hit the bottom off the sump and cracked the windscreen and obviously sent shocks to the airbag censors which went off, the road was narrow and bumpy so I was only going about 20mph. But because the car was still moving with the airbags gone off I couldn’t see so had to slam on because I could off crashed into a parked car.

(So just keeping it as a project now over the next year or so)

Haha yeh i'm trying to do most of the work myself as I enjoy it and will feel better when i've finished it 2 know i've done it myself and not just paid some body shop 2 do it all for me..

And the exhaust will be going and a nice new shiny custom one coming :D

Rear bumper is now smooth and filler primered..

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

Front sides smoothed but not finished need a finish smooth and sand

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

A-pillers smoothed needs final touches and priming

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

Reg recess = still in progress

At uni I use High dencity foam (some are harder than wood!) we use these to model, so i've shaped some for my plate recess and smoothed over..

Not 100% this will work but owell its work the effort to learn from it..

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

Comments welcome

Cheers i'll keep the updates coming

Well in my mind at least if it doestn't work i can said i've tried and i've failed and the body shop can have a good laff lol.

Better to have tryed and failed than to of never tryed at all !!

I have to say your braver than i with the body work, personnaly i wouldn't do much more than the stubby mirror i just sprayed black lol. But saying that i did spray my mini roof black and pretty sure the person i sold it to couldn't tell i did it in the garage ;) . Hope it goes well for you one of the lads at my work filed it his plate recess on his jetta completly with filler it was a pretty rough job then it fell off a few weeks later haha...

hahahaha i'd never do a area that big with all filler lol

Or spray the whole roof of my car lol

I'm just primering to make sure it smooth then when its ready for a full respray the body shop can do it.

I'm just hopeing the filler doesn't crack

I've not done ought on this scale before but i'm confident with my skills.

Will keep up the progression as it happens.

I just can't wait to start buying things for it :D

yeah only sprayed the roof of the mini as it was off the the road an thought it would be worth a try to see what it looked like just put on loads of layers then kept on flattin it till it came out smooth lol. Good plan on takin it to bodyshop for final coat fingers crossed on the recess :)