Woolworths (for technology of course)

bjblyth

I feel it's such a shame that we will soon lose Woolworths from our high streets.

However one mans loss is anothers gain.

Got myself an xbox 360 today from Woolies, for £64.99!!! There are some SERIOUS bargains to be had!

What games do you peoples recommend for 360?? It's been 2 years since I first had one!!

I got PGR4 for £9 and FIFA09 for £15 but they are all I have at the moment.

LOL @ JML pix! Thats a fantastic way to explain woolie's current state!

I'm kinda glad they went bump.

Market Street in Shaw will never be the same. First it was Fine Fare, where will it all end?

Woolies in Oldham hasn't been over generous with their 'offers'. They're now selling the shelving, ask the Manager for details.

The XBOX 360 offer sounds great, shame it's not the PS3 for a cheap Blu Ray player.

yeah, recently changed from the wii to the sexbox, it's refined.

There's no comparison between the Wii and the Xbox! The Xbox s millions of percent better!

I don't have one though. I have a PS3 - That's another step up from the Xbox ;)

There's no comparison between the Wii and the Xbox! The Xbox s millions of percent better!

I don't have one though. I have a PS3 - That's another step up from the Xbox ;)

Although i would love to join in the 360 bashing i cant. You cant compare the wii to a 360 as its a completely different market/console.

The wii is an awesome machine and made a new concept to gaming!

PS3 owner myself though :P

It's a shame. Woolies lost their way years ago.

Should've focused on 1 market.

Spot on Ray, I said years ago what do you go to Woolies for?? They never cornered a market.

They didnt keep up with the times.

I remember buying vinyl singles from there, jumped every time .

My local woolworths has nothing like that. Its only like 10% off the good stuff! :angry2:

thats probably because your woolworths shuts down on a later date, because some are shut down now i think, osme are 27th, 29th and 2nd jan i think.... which means the closer to the date the greater the discount... so yours will get cheaper :)

True, the box does have better graphics than the wii but nothing compares to the amusement of having some mates round and cracking on the mario kart.

xbox has dead rising though and resident evil 5 is an xbox exclusive.

as for woolies, summed it up when it went bust with the phrase "jack of all trades, master of none"

got HDMI cable from woolies for £7 so I have a pretty decent deal. I didn't realise the Arcade model came with a wireless controller either, so that's a cool bonus! Just need the hard drive, but after xmas I expect I can find a cheap one of those, and I'm not too arsed if it's 2nd hand.

Bought FIFA09 last night and played that in HD = bliss!

Will try and get online ASAP but I think I'm going to need that stupidly expensive wireless adapter.

My gamertag is 'bjblyth' by the way if anyone uses xbox live

27th for me... bet theres nothing left already though, us Aberdonian's are known for being tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm so chances are the vultures will have cleaned the place out at the first sight of 50% off!!

boxing day is ours... so im going to be at the doors at 9.00am to buy all the 90% off :P lol

You'll be there waiting a while, apparently yours closes on the 27th! Think they're all closed on Boxing Day.