Definitive Coilover Thread

heartagram

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I didnt want to waste a thread and start a new one, but i dont know what coilovers i have on my car, as they were already on when i got the car, and im useless!! I have only had a quick look, but is there a way to tell what you have on?

(Silly question i know)

Thanks Dan.

• 4 weeks later...

Right i have a question...

Im looking to buy coilovers. And ive noticed there not much diffrence in price of ap and kw basic v1 so what would be the best out of those two to buy ??? As want something thts going to last and not cease up or corode together

Any help most appreacated

cant believe no one has mentioned meisterr coilovers, i have them on my lupo and they will go lower than just about any other coilover as far as i can see as i could adjust mine until the car sits on the floor, they are comfortable even at silly low ride heights, very very well made and require much less attention than the cheap **** coilovers, would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Go for KWs.

As long as you keep them clean any set of coilovers should last.

Thanks for the advice :)

But what ones are less likely to corrode ?

As I hear that kw basics are galvanised steel

And ap are zinc coated

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

they wont fit a 1.4 sadly. i had the same question but the other way round. as the lupo gti has diffrent bolt holes on the front so they wont line up with your holes . so unless you fork out to have them modified they wont work.

• 7 months later...

So I'm stuck

With what budget coilover to but

So im after an answer

There's the JOM , prosport or ta tenix so can anyone tell me the difference please

I'm just looking for stance in preference but what's the best ride quality and stance out of these cheapy coilovers cheers guys

Anyone ever heard of BC coilovers before? V1's. And know if they are any good?

Cheers, sam.

I've got the BC V1's going on my GTI Lupo, but I'm not driving it until the snow's gone here in Finland.

The Lupos getting alla Powerflexes in the chassis too, so hard to say 'bout the comfort, as I'm gong for more of a track day car.

But I'll post some info when I get to drive the car.

The reason I went for the BC's is that they're height adjustable without, at the same time, adjusting the stiffness.

Edited by a sigfrids
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Right peeps, i have Weitec Hicon GT, on my arosa, and also 8.5/9 wide 13" on 165/65 i think without looking as im writing this in bed lol. "Q" so i fitted them with the rear cups in and theres a lot of arch room. Will if i remove them will this screw my rear shocks? And will it be that much of a differance. Dont want it scraping just a smaller arch gap.

First of all...you have 9's on the back? And secondly you have 165/65?! Sure you've got those numbers right lol?

But yeah, if you take the adjusters out you'll prob see a drop of 20mm or so and yeah, the chances are you'll blow shocks sooner than you would if you had left them in.