heartagram

Definitive Coilover Thread

2 hours ago, ShinSkin said:

This can't be the right price... https://www.fk-shop.de/en/Tuning/Suspension-Tuning/Coilovers/Coilover-AK-Street-VW-Lupo-3L-Typ-6E-Yr-1999-2005.html

£145 for coilovers is a steal if they're the right ones, anyone got any input on this one?

I have them. They're actually not too bad and for the price, you really can't complain.

I got them from Venom Motorsports around 2/3 years ago for around the same price and they're fine. It should be noted I have changed the springs on the rear for slightly lower custom units and removed the adjuster collar, as the original FK springs were very bouncy!

5 minutes ago, T3LLIOTT said:

I have them. They're actually not too bad and for the price, you really can't complain.

I got them from Venom Motorsports around 2/3 years ago for around the same price and they're fine. It should be noted I have changed the springs on the rear for slightly lower custom units and removed the adjuster collar, as the original FK springs were very bouncy!

Thanks for the reply, I just couldn't believe the price, that's not a lot more money than springs alone! 

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about getting some kw v1 coilovers.

They're coming off a lupo sport, is there any way to tell if they will fit my GTi?

And is there any way to tell if they are inox-line ones as he doesn't have a box or documentation.

Thanks

Edited by brownah