Definitive Coilover Thread

heartagram

Stainless or not, the FK's thin thread doesn't help adjusting in years to come!

I snapped the adjuster ring on an FK Silverline coilover on my mates Corrado about 3 weeks ago when he wanted it lifting a little (took out the sump).

Wasn't fun. They'd only been on the car 3 years too.

Ive just purchased some Weitec GT (height adjustable only), as they are apperently almost identical to the KW V1 basic model. Will let you know how it is.

Think I will grease the struts when I put the on to keep them clean. i guess any grease is ok as long as its fairly solid?

• 5 weeks later...

Ive had my weitecs for a few weeks, got them for ÂŁ450 delivered. Absolutely perfect mate. Go for it. If your on a real budget go for the ap's but heard there not as reliable.

• 3 weeks later...

G-max, TA Technix, JOM, Hot Tuning and any other cheap ebay specials are all made by the same people and are all not particularly good.

Yes, they will lower the car and give a firmer ride but they are far inferior to the next best brand, unfortunately it is reflected in the price!

I don't think G-Maxx is Jamex.

What do you think of Jamex? Has anyone fitted this kit?

Also what do you mean by removing the adjuster?

TA Technix will work for track use?

Is the handling much better that stock?

Many thanks,

I am just starting the modifications on my car a 1.4 16V 1999 Lupo with 12000genuine miles..!!

• 2 weeks later...

All i can say is that my current AP's are very good, but compared to the FK silverlines they are pants. I put the silverlines on, used the car all winter with no attention to them, come spring just took the wheels off and gave them a wash with a wheel brush and they came up like new. As for the AP's - took the wheels off this week and the fronts are looking pretty scabby. I paid ÂŁ425 for the silverlines and ÂŁ300 for the AP's - i can see exactly where my extra ÂŁ100 odd quid went!

As said, buy the best you can get, if it means waiting an extra month to get the extra ÂŁ100 then you'll see the benefit when you're sitting there with WD40 trying to hammer loose the siezed adjusters....

I want to ask a question probably a stupid one but I don't understand how people who buy the kw v 1's get so low but they are advertised as only going 50mm on the front and 70 on the back . How low do they actually go? Cheers James

The heights stated on coilovers are the heights which they have been TUV rated to.

They will go lower than stated but will not be TUV rated beyond this point. This is nothing to worry about if you don't live in Germany.

rokker coilovers , owned by raceland should i buy now or wait to buy ap's

whats the main difference , other than pric and comfort

They will be the same cheap ebay coilovers that TA Technix sell. AP's are far higher quality.