"Interlagos" cloth upholstery

bobbo

Does anyone know where i can get it? The upholstery that comes in the new GTi's as standard, or something close, thinking it might be quit expensive

As in this pic

i.vw.polo.gti.2006.red.int.05oct.jpg

Edited by bobbo

Does anyone know where i can get it? The upholstery that comes in the new GTi's as standard, or something close, thinking it might be quit expensive

As in this pic

i.vw.polo.gti.2006.red.int.05oct.jpg

i have the genuine mk5 cloth in stock at £90 mtr and the original mk1 cloth as well at the same price

but dont have loads left as it flies out the door as soon as i get any

dan

can you not buy similar material at any material shop for a quarter of that price?

yes ! for even less than that id say but it will likely be a 'fashion' fabric which isnt anything like as durable, is much thinner and wont last anytime at all on say a drivers seat,unless you laminate it with say a stockinette backing

kilt makers do a heavier grade plaid tartan materials but your choices will be more muted in colour than the dub cloths

there are plenty of other options if your chasing a buck or are nt bothered about it being up to the job,but i aint ya man for the half-arsed stuff

ps there is a pic of the mk1 interlagos in my trimd diary if anyone is interested in the fabric

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...p;hl=trim'd

dan

Edited by porschetrimr

yes ! for even less than that id say but it will likely be a 'fashion' fabric which isnt anything like as durable, is much thinner and wont last anytime at all on say a drivers seat,unless you laminate it with say a stockinette backing

kilt makers do a heavier grade plaid tartan materials but your choices will be more muted in colour than the dub cloths

there are plenty of other options if your chasing a buck or are nt bothered about it being up to the job,but i aint ya man for the half-arsed stuff

ps there is a pic of the mk1 interlagos in my trimd diary if anyone is interested in the fabric

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...p;hl=trim'd

dan

yea i know what your saying mate but surely there are upholstering materials that are "similar" that are upto the job

i wasnt knocking your prices or that becuas eim sure buying material from vw will mega dear

Porschetrimr, thanks for the info, few questions though, how much do you reckon it would cost to have 2 mk4 recaros and standard rear loop seats fully trimd like in the pic? just at a rough guess based on how much interlagos would be used.

How much does just plain black or dark grey cloth go for?

Porschetrimr, thanks for the info, few questions though, how much do you reckon it would cost to have 2 mk4 recaros and standard rear loop seats fully trimd like in the pic? just at a rough guess based on how much interlagos would be used.

How much does just plain black or dark grey cloth go for?

hi

youd be looking at around a £1000 m8 for the cloth and leather,plain cloths start at about £20 mtr and go up depending on quality the black ,recaro sport cloth is really nice @ about £30 mtr

dan

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

I've sent you a PM about a week ago but no reply yet.

Am after 1.5 metres of genuine Interlagos cloth for the front (ex R32) Recaros in my Mk5 GTI : -

carbonvinyl_wholetrim.jpg

Got to match the back seats : -

Interlagos.jpg

Any help much appreciated..........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...