After market car alarms

tomnotrevo

Well as the title suggests im in the market for a car alarm, nothing wrong with the standard immobiliser but just want some extra protection as i have my car parked on the road while im at university this year and will be doing a placement year and commuting all next year.

So far iv got my eye on the Toad Ai606 and the Clifford arrow 5.1.

Just wondering if anyone has used either of these and what your opinions are, or if you have another alarm that you would recogmend.

Oh and maximum budget is no more than £300.00

Cheers,

Tom

i have the Clifford Arrow 5.1 alarm fitted on the lupo

great bit of kit, cant fault it,

doubt you will get it for £300 fitted, with any alarm system you want to get a pro to fit it who knows exactly what there doing and can set it up correctly and can back it up with warrenty from them etc,

Think mine cost around £450 fitted, if youd like any more info just ask, can forward you onto the place that fitted mine,

Rich

i have the Clifford Arrow 5.1 alarm fitted on the lupo

great bit of kit, cant fault it,

doubt you will get it for £300 fitted, with any alarm system you want to get a pro to fit it who knows exactly what there doing and can set it up correctly and can back it up with warrenty from them etc,

Think mine cost around £450 fitted, if youd like any more info just ask, can forward you onto the place that fitted mine,

Rich

I've had two cliffords and they've both been faultless. Fitted a Toad to my brothers Swift. It was ok but didn't have a patch on my clifford. Shop around businesses are fighting for work so you should get the clifford fitted for under £350. You may also get an insurance discount for a thatcham approved alarm/immobaliser

Cheers guys looks like ill almost certainly be going with the Clifford system now, just to clarify the when you press the button to turn the alarm off it will unlock the central locking right? haha, its just something i miss from my first car... probably the only thing the smart car had over my lupo :P