GTi remap

cafcross

Looking at getting a remap for my GTi. Would it be better to do it before or after I get an induction kit, manifold and system? And what gains would I be looking at from both? I've been on AMD's site and they've got an average of up to 10bhp increase.

Anyone had one done? If so what's the results like?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be worth it tho? as your the only company to say you've done it before and can do it.

others have either not replied or said they need to send the ECU off

Thats good to know mate :)

I'll be coming for a map once i sort the rest of my exhaust system out.

Also good to know :)

Custom Codes quote an increase from standard to 137bhp with just a stage 1 map. I wouldnt bother personally until i had a decent air filter, cat back exhaust system and probably a 4 bar fpr and 4-2-1 manifold, then just go straight for the stage 2 map..... Then get a brake upgrade....

BMC CDA, cold air feed, custom manifold, sports cat and cat back. Can't wait to see his result.

Just noticed this after previous post.... stage 2 map after these and your laughing....

I don't believe that you'd get that much from just a map. Does it say 'up to 137bhp'?.

Just checked again and i apologize i was slightly out....

http://www.custom-code.co.uk/index.php?opt...6&Itemid=71

I musta been thinkin of stage 2, still not bad tho.

That seems like toss really. They say 135-145bhp, but if you read the information on stage 2 it says that "Owners of vehicles with Cold Air Intakes, Sports Exhaust Systems, Sports Cats, Nitrous Oxide, Water Injection, Aftermarket Cams or Hybrid Turbos should use this service."

If I had all that I'd be wanting more the 145bhp!

If you're not getting it done on a rolling road by someone that knows what their doing, there is no point.

Listen to recommendations of other people that have had it done.

No ones really had it done so far, and the first will probably be at Awesome.

And the one after that.

And the one after that.

;)

I hate how you only get like an added 10bhp! My bf just had his Fabia VRS remapped from 130bhp-176bhp and its mental, wheels spins now with all the power, love it!

My Lupo Sport just has a BMC CDA but I'm tempted to get a remap, and a new manifold and exhaust system. Power!

I know it would make more sense to just get a GTi but insurance is really mad for me right now, and I've done so much to the Lupo now, would be a waste to sell up, which is a lot of hassle too!

I honestly cant see 135-140 on a stock engine from a base remap mabe 130, and a smoother ride.

If steve only managed 131 with his mods and no remap, i would expect it to see 140 with a map.

Im looking forward to seing foxys one though..... Although im not sure if he even uses this forum any more?