GTi remap

cafcross

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right lads...the old loop has been in to see Al at awesome. He stayed rather late to allow me to drop her off and so many thanks to him for that!

Lupo had a little cough which meant the clutch dissintegrated on the RR...so new clutch went in. Only driven her a couple of times since but I can honestly say she is much much happier now! Seem to pull much more smoothly and seems much more eager to rev accross the range!

Overall, very happy! Cheers Al and the lads at Awesome!

Though I would say....this has done nothing but convince me that she now requires new wheels and some kw v2's!....more money splashing out me thinks!

Thanks for the good reports Sam,

Don't bother with the V2's, Get the V1's instead! :) It'll save you some money paying for an extra that isn't going to make any difference anyway.

BTW - Here's your clutch again:

DSC06415.jpg

Slightly dead...

Got any before and after graphs mate?

Here y'ar

lupogti.jpg

Unfortunately due to the clutch dying during spin down on the last run, we were unable to calculate a clutch figure.

But as you can see, We managed to get around 10whp which is rather nice :)

No worries Al, it's made a massive difference to the car so credit where credit due I say! As for the V1's...you're probably right there mate! I'll email ya! ;)

Quite happy with the 127bhp to be honest. I was initially hoping for more like 135 but I suppose 81 thousand miles down and still pumping out over 125 is pretty decent!

I am more happy with how she pulls now ( :lol: ) definately happier through the revs and lower revs at the legal limit of 70!...soo...potentially a little saving in mpg me thinks!

As for that clutch...words cannot comprehend that sort of a snappage!

No worries Al, it's made a massive difference to the car so credit where credit due I say! As for the V1's...you're probably right there mate! I'll email ya! ;)

Quite happy with the 127bhp to be honest. I was initially hoping for more like 135 but I suppose 81 thousand miles down and still pumping out over 125 is pretty decent!

I am more happy with how she pulls now ( :lol: ) definately happier through the revs and lower revs at the legal limit of 70!...soo...potentially a little saving in mpg me thinks!

As for that clutch...words cannot comprehend that sort of a snappage!

You have to remember though Sam,

The figure we have given you is a wheel figure, and a standard GTI only puts out between 110whp and 115whp.

After adding the transmission loss, Your clutch power should be somewhere near 130-135bhp.

Looks nice and smooth now.

Whats that Andi? The clutch or the Graph? lol.

You have to remember though Sam,

The figure we have given you is a wheel figure, and a standard GTI only puts out between 110whp and 115whp.

After adding the transmission loss, Your clutch power should be somewhere near 130-135bhp.

True true! i shall smile more now :rolleyes:

Is that with any mods crash?

Al, when mapping can you get better results if you only use 98ron fuel?

IIRC Sam's car has a Pipercross Induction kit and a Cat-Back system.

Generally we would map it in consideration of whichever fuel is in the car whilst it is with us.

Normally you would get better results with the 98RON as these engines are VVT, thus run better on 98RON anyway :)

How much more gains would you get from one mapped on 98 and that would never be used on anything less? Like Jap imports that need 98, I think this is down to tha mapping?

Its not so much that you'd get more from 98. You'd get LESS if it had 95 RON in there as really the timing will be retarded slightly.

Really you shouldn't run a GTI on 95 anyway unless you can't get anything better!

Is that with any mods crash?

Al, when mapping can you get better results if you only use 98ron fuel?

shes got a piperx ind kit, cat back scorpion ex and a sports 200cell cat. done a few miles though and as Al has said earlier, that was done as the clutch was failing and the figure was at the wheels not clutch power.