Playstation 3's

nfbr

Anyone know where you could get an N64 with golden eye from? I fancy that!

Still one of the best games ever made as far as playerbility is concerned!

i've been playing that today,

very addicted, mint game :blush:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has arrived. :)

Not had a chance to play on it yet.

I attempted to upgrade the hard drive to a 120gb one that I have lying around. However it keeps telling me I need some Media with the 2.52 software on it and no matter what I try it doesn't accept anything or let me format the drive using the PS3.

The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the PS button to try to restart the system.

If the system cannot be restarted, the system partition of the hard disk must be reformated and you must install the system software. Insert storage media that contains update data of version 2.52 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time.

Spent 4 hours proving to myself last night that these videos on youtube showing how easy it is to put a HDD in a PS3 are not quite right when it comes to the current generation machines.

Slightly dissapointed as it means I will now have to keep my Apple TV for my Music files.

Edited by nfbr

Hi mate, ive had the same problem when i upgraded my ps3 software.

This is what u need to do.

Insert the new hard drive into the ps3.

Download this onto a usb memory stick : http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3...tware/download/

Boot up the ps3, insert the memory stick into one of the ports. If it says that u need to insert media with the update on, hold down start and select so it will search and see that there is software on the memory stick. It will then install the ps3 software on the new hard drive.

It may also tell you that the hard drive needs to be formatted, if it does, then go ahead and let the ps3 format the hard drive.

About your youtube problem, here is a website listing all the video formats the playstation 3 can play : http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en.../filetypes.html

Any problems give me a shout.

Matt

Hi mate, ive had the same problem when i upgraded my ps3 software.

This is what u need to do.

Insert the new hard drive into the ps3.

Download this onto a usb memory stick : http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3...tware/download/

Boot up the ps3, insert the memory stick into one of the ports. If it says that u need to insert media with the update on, hold down start and select so it will search and see that there is software on the memory stick. It will then install the ps3 software on the new hard drive.

It may also tell you that the hard drive needs to be formatted, if it does, then go ahead and let the ps3 format the hard drive.

About your youtube problem, here is a website listing all the video formats the playstation 3 can play : http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en.../filetypes.html

Any problems give me a shout.

Matt

I don't have a youtube problem lol. Was just saying how the HDD Install is nothing like what people describe it as on youtube.

Anyway - Last night I downloaded that file and put it on a memory stick. It wouldn't accept it because for some reason it has to be downloaded by a pc, put on the memory stick by a PC etc.

If any of its done with a mac it writes the file off because it doesn't understand it :S

Borrowed the worlds smallest windows laptop from work and used that to create the "boot disc"

Managed to get it running within 30 minutes thanks to the help of windows lol...

Been stabbing people and driving like a plonker for the past couple of hours on GTA4 :) Its great fun.

I don't have a youtube problem lol. Was just saying how the HDD Install is nothing like what people describe it as on youtube.

Anyway - Last night I downloaded that file and put it on a memory stick. It wouldn't accept it because for some reason it has to be downloaded by a pc, put on the memory stick by a PC etc.

If any of its done with a mac it writes the file off because it doesn't understand it :S

Borrowed the worlds smallest windows laptop from work and used that to create the "boot disc"

Managed to get it running within 30 minutes thanks to the help of windows lol...

Been stabbing people and driving like a plonker for the past couple of hours on GTA4 :) Its great fun.

Haha ok sorry mate, yeah GTA4 is superb for just mucking around on, easy self-entertainment :rolleyes:

I picked up GT Prologue from game preowned for a tenner yesterday, theres no marks on the bottom of the disc at all, great game and was only a tenner!