Quaife LSD for Lupo GTI

Dogwood

Toi gulp, you may not have traction issues, but your stock open differential is robbing power from your car at every corner exit.

A LSD will increase your corner speed even if you drive the exact same style.

It's really a no-brainer in my opinion.

you are of course right..... it's a weird sensation being on the power before an apex which aslo helps to tighten the steering line and hence less steering effort. I totaly agree.

Edited by Toi gulp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was looking on Club Lupo for the Japanese Lupo GTi owner's thread. Couple of guys on the local JDMTAS forum were keen to see examples of european cars being run in Japan. I remember from when I was looking to move from my Mk3 Polo to something newer that I saw his thread on here. I never did buy a Lupo but I did end up with a Clio 182 Cup which is doing just nicely...shame the Quaife differential is £950+ for it : (

Anyhoo...I was the guy who originally approached Quaife a few years ago to make a differential for the 085 gearbox. It's my big long post that's quoted on the first page: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?s=&...st&p=595947

I got in a bit over my head as Quaife wanted 1 person to be solely responsible for the order...that meant a bill of £13k...eeeek I thought I'm only a student with £700 in my bank and earning £6 p/h! In the end through an upstanding guy who goes by the name of Chris (the chap dogwood knows) we got it all sorted. He provided all the invoices and collected the money for the 10 orders.

In the end the units were delivered in good time considering how busy Quaife are with big OEM/motorsport orders. One person I know running a 150bhp G40 is delighted with his purchase and told me it's made a fantastic difference to the car. I sold my differential on as two years down the line I realised I didn't have the financial clout to finish my Polo project...my plans were big but my wallet wasn't...so sadly I never got use the fantastic differential that Quaife had made!

If I had bought a Lupo GTi I can 100% guarantee my name would be down for this group buy...maybe twice. The group buy offers great discount and a great product. I've read a few posts with people trying to knock ATB differentials but they obviously have no idea what they are talking about. They are the friendliest, easiest to use and best differentials to use on a FWD car day-to-day OR on the track....a plate differential might provide impressive locking on acceleration on a track but in almost any other situation it's awkward, noisy and unsuitable. There is a reason that Ford, Renault and Honda all use gear type differentials on their road cars...and that's worth paying attention to as no one makes a better performing hot hatch than these brands...a long with VW of course : )

Glad to see Club Lupo is getting together to get a Quaife ATB differential, hope it all goes smoothly and you're happy when that box comes through your door. You even get a free lanyard!!! ...I hope you still do. I wore mine when I went to pick my Clio up from Tim Harvey the BTCC driver...his main competitor was Quaife's son so I was hoping to get a reaction from him haha

If it fits get a white nylon quaife gear knob too...it'll give people an indication of whats lurking at the end of the selector shaft/cable!

Edited by Tav
  • Like 2

Was looking on Club Lupo for the Japanese Lupo GTi owner's thread. Couple of guys on the local JDMTAS forum were keen to see examples of european cars being run in Japan. I remember from when I was looking to move from my Mk3 Polo to something newer that I saw his thread on here. I never did buy a Lupo but I did end up with a Clio 182 Cup which is doing just nicely...shame the Quaife differential is £950+ for it : (

Anyhoo...I was the guy who originally approached Quaife a few years ago to make a differential for the 085 gearbox. It's my big long post that's quoted on the first page: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?s=&...st&p=595947

I got in a bit over my head as Quaife wanted 1 person to be solely responsible for the order...that meant a bill of £13k...eeeek I thought I'm only a student with £700 in my bank and earning £6 p/h! In the end through an upstanding guy who goes by the name of Chris (the chap dogwood knows) we got it all sorted. He provided all the invoices and collected the money for the 10 orders.

In the end the units were delivered in good time considering how busy Quaife are with big OEM/motorsport orders. One person I know running a 150bhp G40 is delighted with his purchase and told me it's made a fantastic difference to the car. I sold my differential on as two years down the line I realised I didn't have the financial clout to finish my Polo project...my plans were big but my wallet wasn't...so sadly I never got use the fantastic differential that Quaife had made!

If I had bought a Lupo GTi I can 100% guarantee my name would be down for this group buy...maybe twice. The group buy offers great discount and a great product. I've read a few posts with people trying to knock ATB differentials but they obviously have no idea what they are talking about. They are the friendliest, easiest to use and best differentials to use on a FWD car day-to-day OR on the track....a plate differential might provide impressive locking on acceleration on a track but in almost any other situation it's awkward, noisy and unsuitable. There is a reason that Ford, Renault and Honda all use gear type differentials on their road cars...and that's worth paying attention to as no one makes a better performing hot hatch than these brands...a long with VW of course : )

Glad to see Club Lupo is getting together to get a Quaife ATB differential, hope it all goes smoothly and you're happy when that box comes through your door. You even get a free lanyard!!! ...I hope you still do. I wore mine when I went to pick my Clio up from Tim Harvey the BTCC driver...his main competitor was Quaife's son so I was hoping to get a reaction from him haha

If it fits get a white nylon quaife gear knob too...it'll give people an indication of whats lurking at the end of the selector shaft/cable!

Thanks for the post - sorry to hear about the project lad...

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...