Quaife LSD for Lupo GTI

Dogwood

hello I'm interested , do you think it's possible to send in FRANCE , I'll speak on french forum to see if anyone is interested

when do you stop the order ? I can't buy before january

thanks

Dogwood

Twisty

tttttada x2

Icegeezer

KamRacing x1

MacArkun x4 (From Taiwan Lupo Club)

guillaume2 ( FRANCE )

Edited by guillaume2

All

Firslty I apologise for not getting back to this sooner, but i've had some other commitments which have taken priority, but are now sorted.

Secondly, this is not as straight forward as I had first imagined. In order to supply at the discounted price, Quaife will only take the order for 10 diffs from one source. Once the diffs are ready, they will only despatch to one address.

I have no problem in co-ordinating the whole thing, but would need ALL money upfront, as I can't afford to be left out of pocket should anyone get cold feet. I've spoken to a friend who co-ordinated the Polo Quaife group buy and he has offered to assist with invoicing etc. to make the whole thing more formal.

Quaife charge about £20 per unit for postage, again all units would come to me. I would then despatch to yourselves. I've got some prices from the post office (cheaper than DHL) for shipping:-

Mainland UK - £21.45

France - £70.49

Japan - £98.19

Taiwan - £98.19

This obviously means finding all of the money at once which may not be as easy for some of you.

Please let me know what you think.

Edited by Dogwood

Mate if it would help, I do not mind holding onto the cash on everyones behalf.

Just so you can finnish yours :lol:

I dont see this being so much of a problem but some people would be concerned by this....

maybe worth confirming if they invoice one person or if they will invoice the 10 people seperatly - should anything happen - go wrong with unit..

Not sure how many people will have the money this side of xmas too...

I hope this comes good and doesnt get put on the back burner fot too long.....

:coffee:

Yep, it's money up front i'm afraid.

Tigz - thanks for the offer. I think most people would be comfortable with that, so if we get this going i'll take you up on that.

It's obviously going to be after Christmas now. Who will be in a position to go for this early January?

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I have one of these in my car (obviously not a Lupo!). The amount of power it lets you put down through the corners is simply outstanding. I've no idea how well they work on a front-wheel drive car, but if it's anything like as effective as on mine I'd highly recommend it.

Having driven 300bhp FWD Cars both with and without one, I would definitely say a Quaife ATB Diff is a must for any Powerful front wheel drive car.

I'm not certain the high cost and 12 hours of labour time for fitting it would be worth doing on a 125 - 140bhp Lupo GTi though. I'd imagine this would be a different story on a Throttle bodied/Turbo/Supercharged one though!

I'll reserve my final judgment until I've had a chance to road test one with an ATB Diff fitted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...