Macbooks

Mattwilko92

I would like to see some proof. Benchmarks etc..

Im not going to turn this into a mac vs PC debate as we have had enough of that so ill let it be :)

Don't you think You've already done that ?

I flogged my MacBook on eBay and it went for £600 - I'd only paid £680 or so for it about 18 months ago :lol:

Try doing that with a PC!

Edited by AwesomeAl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collected my new 2.4 MB last night - looks beautiful although I've not turned it on yet! Also got a TimeCapsule.. plenty of stuff to play with for the next few days :D

Lucky bugger! Let me know what you think of it please mate

If i was you i would dual boot your laptop with a copy of ubunutu it is linux with graphical interface bascialy is what the mac coding is behinde and the plus is that its completly free to down load burn it to a cd and ur done

Lucky bugger! Let me know what you think of it please mate

Well I've just about finished transferring stuff across from from old iBook and have got all my apps installed now. Also upgraded the memory from the standard 2GB to 4GB.

All I can say is that it's a work of art, so well made and designed.. nothing else can match it. Bloody fantastic! :D

Still not opened the TimeCapsule box yet tho :rolleyes:

sold the lupo today, so im now on the look out for a 2nd hand macbook if anyones got one for sale?

i dont know sod all about computer specs etc, but all i need it for is to run photoshop, indesign and illustrater-

will a older mac book be up to this? what sort of specs should i aim for?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be buying the 950 quid version of the MacBook next week. Can't wait, I've wanted one for years!!

Couple of questions to existing Mac users...

- The advertised HDD of 160gb, is it one 160gb HDD?? my ACER notebook's 80gb HDD turned out to be 2x 40gb HDD, which is ****e.

- How is a 13.3" screen? I will be reducing from a 15.4" on my notebook..

- Does the 'n' classification of WiFi run faster than the 'g' classification? Is it noticeable?

- Does the build quality of the MacBook really mean that it runs faster and smoother than a PC of a higher spec??

I'll be getting mine from John Lewis. Same price as from Apple but an extra years warranty into the bargain - can't complain at that.

What sort of games are there available for the Mac? I used to love rollercoaster tycoon, and would love a copy for my Mac just to mess around on.

Cheers in advance.

I'll be buying the 950 quid version of the MacBook next week. Can't wait, I've wanted one for years!!

Couple of questions to existing Mac users...

- The advertised HDD of 160gb, is it one 160gb HDD?? my ACER notebook's 80gb HDD turned out to be 2x 40gb HDD, which is ****e.

- How is a 13.3" screen? I will be reducing from a 15.4" on my notebook..

- Does the 'n' classification of WiFi run faster than the 'g' classification? Is it noticeable?

- Does the build quality of the MacBook really mean that it runs faster and smoother than a PC of a higher spec??

I'll be getting mine from John Lewis. Same price as from Apple but an extra years warranty into the bargain - can't complain at that.

What sort of games are there available for the Mac? I used to love rollercoaster tycoon, and would love a copy for my Mac just to mess around on.

Cheers in advance.

Yeah its just One 160gb HDD.

The 13.3" Widescreen is great. I've been using mine for nearly 2 years now and loved every minute of it! Great for watching DVD's if you don't wanna turn the TV On or for any other reason, Good visibility and crystal clear.

'n' wireless will only run faster communicating between two machines. Its not going to speed your internet connection up...

The build quality and the operating system means the mac will run smoothly forever. I've never actually had mine crash on me! The quality of the components generally means it'll last a heck of a lot longer than a PC Laptop also as most of the Acer / DELL / HP stuff is Massively Mass Produced leading to obvious failpoints in cheeply manufactured rubbish components.

If you have a look on http://store.apple.com/uk/ You'll be able to look at what games / software is available for the Mac on there.

It should confidently run most of the games available on there.

Spore is suppose to be a really good game but I've never played it myself.

Edited by nfbr

• 2 weeks later...
LOL !

You've been bitten by the Apple bug Ben ;)

You'll probably never go back to windows after that!

Too right. Windows just pissed me off, all the time. Mac OS X is genius, and I've probably only used 5% of it's capabilities in my first couple of days. I just want now, a good camera, and an iPhone and then to start using MobileMe. That looks brill in my opinion.

I want a decent addictive game for the Mac though, something easy to flick to and from - and according to the guy in the Apple store in the Trafford Centre, the latest Call Of Duty will run 'slower than a dog with a broken leg' on my 2.0ghz aluminium macbook, so I guess I can't have that then!!

I might hold back for an iPhone though, we must be about due another one in the new year? Upgraded camera for example? I notice o2 are now giving them away with their 'normal' tarriffs and still including unlimited data so they are becoming cheaper in a roundabout way.

I've tried toying with Second Life - but I can't get my head around it.

I love the screen and the capability of playing 720p Hi Def - a Blu Ray player would have topped it off but I guess it's not there for cost reasons. Maybe next Mac!!