Macbooks

Mattwilko92

Ive always been a fan of apple products, at the minute i have a mid range Packard Bell laptop which is ok, but everyone keeps going on about the Mac experience. As theyve just bought out a new Macbook, im seriously considering one and i hate windows vista at the minute. However for a decent Macbook you are looking at about £900.

Your thoughts please,

is the Mac experience really worth it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.....

I was looking at the 13 inch macbook.... 2.4gig and 4 gigs of RAM..... its £999 before VAT....

Im on the, now "old" white macbook and have also got an imac as a desktop and they are both amazing. I would highly recommend them. So much faster and easier to use. Also you are MUCH less likely to get a virus on a mac and hackers dont develop them as much.

2 word .... Do it :)

You wont regret it

I have a 12 inch and a 17 inch.... just missing the 13 inch and 15 inch.... i had A g4 CUBE too...

i was going to do the same but now decided to get the macbook top spec one as this is more portable (13inch) and the 15 inch is a lot more expensive... i also don't like glossy screens so will wait till the offer a non reflective one for the 15 inch...

have you looked at the 17? it says new but its slower than the 15 and looks like the old mac book pro's! do you think they are going to make a new new macbook pro 17 inch soon.. or is this it?

I absolutely love mine :) Gona be upgrading to a 15" New style MBP in the new year ! :)

what is the spec of your black book? and how much do you want for it when you upgrade?

theyre sweet

but for the love of god dont try using them to network.

Actually, I find they do windows networking better than windows does! Well, that was until Leopard came along :wacko:

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. If you can justify spending that much then go for it, I did and I don't regret it :shades:

Actually, I find they do windows networking better than windows does! Well, that was until Leopard came along :wacko:

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. If you can justify spending that much then go for it, I did and I don't regret it :shades:

i didnt pay a penny lol its what my college runs. its sinfully bad it really is lol

i was going to do the same but now decided to get the macbook top spec one as this is more portable (13inch) and the 15 inch is a lot more expensive... i also don't like glossy screens so will wait till the offer a non reflective one for the 15 inch...

have you looked at the 17? it says new but its slower than the 15 and looks like the old mac book pro's! do you think they are going to make a new new macbook pro 17 inch soon.. or is this it?

what is the spec of your black book? and how much do you want for it when you upgrade?

2.0 GHZ, 200gb 7200rpm SATA3.0 Hard drive, 2.0gb Ram (2x1gb) - I want £600 back from it.

Does it have a dedicated graphics card or is it on the cpu like the new one?

Does it have a dedicated graphics card or is it on the cpu like the new one?

Combined graphics iirc. Up until this current generation, the mac-book has never had dedicated graphics! Only the Pro.