Supercharging Kits

veedubdude

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it woud be needed for a low power one. i left off the decomp plate on the high power list accidently.

The difference is more like 3k+. The internals are close to 1600 but i bet these could be sourced cheaper. A standalone ecu fit and tune would be in the region of 1200 + atleast and a decomp plate is about 165.

id be interested i was close to doing this last year until my engine went on the trip home from inters all the money id put aside for it went into putting in a gti engine instead, ive been waiting for somebody to charge a gti to see the results so ill be keeping an eye on caspers thread with alot of interest!

Right guys sorry for the long reply, and thanks for everyones input! I can see there is definite interest so I will press on...

All plans are still on the drawing board at the moment, and before I start spending money on prototypes and testing I wanted to make sure that there was genuine interest!

I'll try and update this thread as and when I can to give you guys an idea on time-scale, but with working full time too and a few other things I do its not going to be rapid progress, but I do want to get this nailed as soon as I can!

:)

How much, all in all including fitting, would I roughly be look at to supercharge my Lupo Sport? Not looking for silly amounts of power, 150ish bhp would be splendid, just all depends on costs etc I suppose! :)

Thanks

Lauryn

How much, all in all including fitting, would I roughly be look at to supercharge my Lupo Sport? Not looking for silly amounts of power, 150ish bhp would be splendid, just all depends on costs etc I suppose! :)

Thanks

Lauryn

this is just for the kit you would have to get sum1 to fit it all! people around our area lauryn would take around 500ish to do it! but with me i would be fitting it myself and with the lower power kit you would see 150ish in your sport lol

Eaton chargers are cheap, only a few hundred pounds with delivery miles on.

Alice- He said about 1000pounds (dont forget you'll need to buy the rest yourself) for the low power and you'll see approx 50ish bhp being realistic.

yeah for that sort of money i prefer the 20VT as its easy 300bhp with that sort of money,

although i sure some one would be like "yeah but the 20v will mess the car up handling and stuff because its more heavy and stuff" :P

yeah, defo i think in a GTI would be better as its lighter on the front then other models

also a slip diff would also be VERY VERY helpful to get power down

ideas goin around in my head lol shame that gtis are still very expensive, well expensive to pull the engine out and strip lol

Well I've got lots of quotes for engines etc for next year all hovering around the same price mark. Aparently the weight difference isn't that great, if I was to stick it in my car for example. It would clearly effect the handling but tbh my car understeers anyway being low and Im willing to make that sacrafice for 200bhp! :P

i was just reading over your list casper but why whould the Gti need a new smaller performance radiator

You obviously havent looked hard enough at it, if you put the charger in there is a 30mm gap or less between the rad and the charger. So there is no space for the boost pipe at all.

Dont think you can get round it because you cant, you need a radiator approx 180mm smaller in length for the pipe to come out. Loosing 180mm is nearly 1/3 of the frontal area of the rad, so you would need a twin core performance radiator to get the same cooling as the gti radiator.

It will be alot easier to develop the kit for the 1.4 as theres alot more space, i think it would be best to delevop a kit for that first and then go for the gti, its a different kettle of fish, believe me.. im one of the people who have worked this out the hard way!

It may be £1000 for the kit, but you then need to fit it or pay someone to fit it (there is alot of work involved believe me!) I still couldnt see an eaton lupo on the road running propperly for under 2500 TBH.

Well I've got lots of quotes for engines etc for next year all hovering around the same price mark. Aparently the weight difference isn't that great, if I was to stick it in my car for example. It would clearly effect the handling but tbh my car understeers anyway being low and Im willing to make that sacrafice for 200bhp! :P

So your going to pay someone to fit a 20vt?? Theres no fun in that.... how will you fit it if something goes wrong?? you must have a large bank balance for that one too! that will cost more than an eaton conversion for sure!

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Yeah the 20v t conversion is def alot more than an eaton conversion.

It all sounds easy to do the conversion but when you get down to doing it, there's so many little things that get in the way and all add up.

Pipework £300

Charger £200

Dump valve £100 +

Intercooler £200

Clutch £400 +

Brackets/ decomp plate/ charger outlet bracket £400 +

Exhaust/manifold £500

Ecu £1500

Induction £70.00

Injectors £100

Belt £50.00

Ruff costing, total £3820. An there is still more bits n bobs needed.

Thats without al the other bits like fluids, extra pulleys etc.