Supercharging Kits

veedubdude

im stilll toying with the idea!

Depends what mood im in when ive saved up a bit of money!

after hearing the chargers at edition38 im thinking of charging it but then again i might wack a 1.8t BAM in there!!!!!

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh decisions lol

all very well saying that, but doing it is a different story

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly, but its very hard to make a one size fits all kit. None of the conversions on this forum are just bolt on jobs. There is alot of work involved as previously mentioned, for each car type, you would need a test bed car to try out all the parts. I dont think theres many people on here that would allow there car to be with someone to try out things when potentially it could go horribly wrong.

Anothe problem is, when you delevlop a kit, and when some numpty goes and buys one, fits its really poorly and then it goes wrong, they come back to you as if its your fault, ive seen that happen with my friend who developed the kit for the old mini (vamxscart) hes had that happen to him a few times, sometimes its taken him to the point of not making a kit again. Personally i cant be bothered with that if it was to happen.

Id think to make it worthwile for someone to develop a kit, youd be looking in the region of 4k for a pretty basic set up, anyone who thinks they can do it for less by all means try, but i think your pretty deluded.

I have started on working out a GTi kit, but its very much much on paper at the moment.

John

I've done quite a bit of work on this, and was fully intent on getting a kit up and running. However Im currently working almost 12 hour days so I have no time at the moment. Its actually looking more of a reality to get a turbo kit on the go, I dont want to go into too many specifics at the moment though...