Good Set Up

DanK

A combination of a good, amped set of components, uprated tweeters in the dash and a sub, with the right sized box will give a good sound.

Id put my XXX mids up against yours any day :P

DSC00437.jpg

but then my fi q would come along and spit them out

Thanks for the help, im going to ask for the Rainbow SLX265's, would that be a good choice?

I know i need the adapter ring but is there anything else i need apart from some sound deadening?

Im not sure what amp is suitable to run the rainbow components as im totally clueless when it comes to ICE.

Also what have people done with their tweeters? Are the standard ones fine as i don't want to mess around with ripping them out as their in a tricky place.

the last kicker amp i said would be alrite. its all down to £££s though. if u have more money than that then a better amp could be used.

adaptor and sound deading will be suffice to fit the speakers. apart from wires obviously. u get new tweeters with the rainbows. and the standard ones come out real easy. they jus unclip if i member correct.

@ noob- scrap the 6x9s and tweeters in the back. good comps up front sub in boot and two amps to run them is the ticket. or one amp to i spose..

Edited by scoobydoo

id use the kicker caus it runs at 12v which is perfect. will giv u 75w per channel at full chat which would be plenty for the rainbows.

if u need any more help giv us a pm

cheers

Glen

Edited by scoobydoo

Which kicker one do i need cos you put 2 up in the links but i don't know which one runs at 12v?

Also im not sure what wiring is good or bad? Could you put up a link to some wiring which will serve my needs.

Thanks mate, i know im asking alot ;)

this one ....http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kicker-dx3002-p-6508.html

and wires

something like this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dynamics-a...awg-p-5576.html

could be bought seperate though

6m rca cable (id buy two of these if u want to have another amp in the future to save from having to run one later. as its the only cable thatll have to run the length of the car for another amp.)

4awg ground cable

6m 4awg power cable

6m remote cable

and good length of speaker cable.

cabling is important so u may wish to spend more the above is just an example package. u could get thicker wire like 0awg if u felt the need. would prob b a bit excessive though. im sure if u ask someone in a local I.C.E shop they'll sort wat u need for the equipment u purchase.

cheers

Glen

but then my fi q would come along and spit them out

Until you realise that the XXX have 400wrms through each of them ;)

Not to mention the Crystal sub helping them along :D

We need a Club Lupo sound off... We just need to ban Little Rich from entering though :lol:

Until you realise that the XXX have 400wrms through each of them ;)

Not to mention the Crystal sub helping them along :D

We need a Club Lupo sound off... We just need to ban Little Rich from entering though :lol:

my mids are getting 175rms at 4ohm stereo and the fi q 1.2 kw off of 2 dls ultimate a3 dual mono,s are you gonna be running sealed or ported tigz?

my mids are getting 175rms at 4ohm stereo and the fi q 1.2 kw off of 2 dls ultimate a3 dual mono,s are you gonna be running sealed or ported tigz?

Sealed to start with (just because of lack of time with the engine build), I'm hoping it the Crystal can keep up lol.

Looking forward to taking a listen to yous.

Sealed to start with (just because of lack of time with the engine build), I'm hoping it the Crystal can keep up lol.

Looking forward to taking a listen to yous.

Possibly sealed.....

im working on a design for this.... was looking after you left on saturday...

and whats this about a sound off.....

Can I enter?

:coffee:

im going sealed mainly due to the lack of space but also for sq, mark turner is doing the install so i know its gonna be good using the fi q i know itll be loud to, being suited to small sealed enclosures aswell as ported. id love to go ported but youve got to remember its a car at the end of the day and not transport for a giant sub box

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00081-1.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

Scooby that wiring kit you put up is that all i need for the components and the amp?

Think i might just buy the components and amp and take them to an audio place and they can sort out all the wiring etc.

How long would it take to get that installed and how much do you think? Just looking for a rough price?

you after getting the whole lot fitted? or just the components and amp?

where are you based bud?

Rich,

Well im only getting components and an amp so only those to be fitted, not sure what wiring i need which is why im thinking of buying the things and getting somewhere to fit it.

Im based in farnborough

its not that hard to fit it all. if u tell a shop what u have they would sort u out with the gear to do it. that kit would fit the amp u would jus need to work out how much wire u would need for the speakers. a mate of mine took his to our local and they said £80 to fit a sub and amp which would be a bit quicker id of thought.

surrey car radio in camberley is normally quite good

its up on the same side of the a30 as martins of camberley about 200yrds and they're in the phone book

Thats where i was planning to go, its only 10 mins down the road, ill pop in and have a word :)

Scooby that wiring kit you put up is that all i need for the components and the amp?

Think i might just buy the components and amp and take them to an audio place and they can sort out all the wiring etc.

How long would it take to get that installed and how much do you think? Just looking for a rough price?

Bring it to me...

Nice and cheap....