Some PS3 help

Huw Pugh

I have 2 issues really. Firstly, I want to go online with it. Is there a wireless connection or is it only via ethernet? I can;t find my instruction manual to show me what to do, but I can't see any wireless options in the system menu.

Secondly, when i connect to my tv with the hdmi cable i only get sound and no picture. I've tried all 3 sockets on the tv and 2 different hdmi cables, all to the same effect. My thoughts are possibly a faulty hdmi port on the ps3 but does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers. :D

I'm not sure about the HDMI port mate, but the PS3 has built in Wi-Fi, so you should be able to connect to your wireless router. I'm a 360 man, otherwise i would have been able to help you in more depth, but i'm sure somebody will be along soon who has a PS3.

You will have to change the output settings of the PS3 to output via the HDMI at a res that the TV will support. Plug it all back together and hold down the on/off button. This resets the video output and the picture should appear in the setup menu.

And yes, PS3 had Wi-FI if you look in the network settings menu :)

I've not long had mine setup wireless to play COD4 (it ruining my life by the way!).

I'm probally going to take it off wireless though as i find there can be quite abit of lag etc & a Cable must be a bit more stable for gaming i would think.