info on this car

bousfield19

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-VOLKSWAGEN-LUPO...1QQcmdZViewItem

hi everyone in new to the vw lupo and am looking to get one what does everyone think of this little lupo? is it worth the asking price? anything i need to look out for problems wise as it is quite high milage?

regards jamie

i have searche through the forsale section but havent been able to find it in there.i have been back to feb. anyone know when was forsale on here?

i have searche through the forsale section but havent been able to find it in there.i have been back to feb. anyone know when was forsale on here?

Could have been deleted to be fair. It has been forsale i think for a while. Looks pretty clean. just find out when the cam belt was changed and look at all the service information and paperwork. Make sure all the dates add up etc. Main fault is with the pedal box. theres lots of info on here about the problem but in short it collapses so the pedals dont ly straight.

the guy has only had it since feb and is gettin rid due to a 100mile round trip to work. the pedal box has been done and so has the gearbox the only thing that puts me off is the milage as it is on 111k and not sure on what its worth?

the guy has only had it since feb and is gettin rid due to a 100mile round trip to work. the pedal box has been done and so has the gearbox the only thing that puts me off is the milage as it is on 111k and not sure on what its worth?

VW engines are pretty much bomb proof so long as they are maintained correctly. I'd pay no more than 2k for that mate.

I bought my 1.4 16v with 88k on the clock for £2,300, so i wouldn't pay more than what the sellers asking for.

mileage wise watch out for a blip/dip in power (as if you'd very slightly lifted your foot off the accelerator) i had this in mine, i didn't think anything of it at the time, but it turns out 1 of 3 problems had occurred (or all 3) cam sensor, cam-ecu loom and ecu port needed replacing. It is literally a drop in power for a second, not super noticable but COSTS ALOT OF MONEY TO SORT... test drive it if you notice this, walk away and tell the bloke you think its the above.

other than that tho, no problems at all. electric window motor went also but that's a sods law thing really, luckily for me i got it from a garage (unlucky for them) and had both problems done on warranty.

vw engines do last a very long time so don't let the mileage put you off too much. engine recon is only about £400, so once it's a bit duff you can just have that done, ever so slightly cheaper than a whole new car. mind the cars are ~10 years old so most will have had a few owners and hence some mileage put on, doesn't mean the engines ragged. You'll notice any problems when you test drive it, make sure it's a nice long test, not just round the block, get it going sloooowww, reverse and up to speed if you can. mind and reverse as my gear box is iffy and reverse is the only place it's got a problem (so far) i reckon a trip to MR Clutch for a proper service will sort that out tho. but if you're not able to pay for such things straight away, or have any reservations, walk away.