Condensation in the boot

Kid Icarus

Is anyone else experiencing moisture forming on the inside of the boot, on the painted steel under the boot carpet? I suggest in the early morning peel back the carpet and feel whether it is wet to touch. The exhaust's heat tends to evaporate this but i found a considerable amount of water under the battery tray swishing about due to the condensation building up and collecting at the car's lowest point. It's worth a look just to err on caution. Before u ask it isn't a leaking rear washer pipe either.

Seemingly some VW with upright rear windows have this problem! If the direction of the rear water sprayer is not set up correctly after spraying its load the stuff sits in the seal at the top of the rear window, rotting it and causing there not to be a complete seal! Think it only happens if theres a high quantity of window wash stuff in the liquid! This happened on my first car( 6N Polo) and the dealer said it was a common problem! Caused tons of condensation in the boot for such a small hole! Once it was fixed problem stopped!