`De-catting` the mighty 1 litre!!

john

Has any1 here `de-catted` a 1litre lupo. If so is there any noticable power gain and would u reccomend it?? mine just needs a little more.....grunt laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> thanx guys....oh and gals

No people would probably just wonder why the really slow citicar is making a terrible racket as they drive round you! Would be better getting a car with a bigger engine as even turbocharging and adding in NOS injection it would still be a slow ass, so I'd say it's not really worth it!

if you're in Glenrothes you could probably nip allong to star performance and they'll get you an extra `5-10bhp` or so with a filter and exhaust, still better to chop it in for a gti smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Dude I fitted an almost straight through system to my 1 litre, and other than the rise in noise levels, and that the engine now revs to the limitter, its all down hill.

Ive lost power, but I didnt expect anything else.

The 1 litre needs the back pressure the exhaust gives it, so taking that away, will slow the car down slightly...

If your looking for proformance gains then look at a 25bhp shot of nitros...

But, the best advice would be now you have coils, upgrade the brakes, then with brakeing and handleing sorted, you wont notice the lack of power as much.

Yeah, the guys at Dastek had a GTI in for a `de-cat`, and on the rolling road before & after he LOST 8bhp! :shock:

They reckon the cat on the lupo has enough flow, plus backpressure to optimise the performance... so the dude said to me anyhows.

What about the chassis lightening? Do you really need all your back seats hehe?

Id go for a nice tasty induction kit with a cold air feed or a a proper sealed one. Then id look towards head work, cams maybe etc etc.

But i wouldnt go OTT on it mate, as you wil never get serious power from the lump without spending a fortune. Tho making it better fun or more driveable is always good wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.