Seat Arosa Sport

mattdacornish

Hello anna x yeah I'm going to look at two different arosa tdis, one of them is metallic copper colour and looks awesome!! I'm really hoping it turns out to be the better out the two cos it'll look schweet modded :P has yours got any mods?

is it like a burnt orange? i <3 that colour!! there is one near us ... so jealous

as for mod's, nothing yet, only got her in June... im still on the look out for the right shoes and i really really really want a checked roof B)

chris' suspension on the lupo may be going on mine when he gets some KW's

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats ace cardaft!! I love the idea of fitting cruise control. Right thats it, my mind is made up a mk2 arosa tdi it is.... Can already picture it sat on a set of 13x8in Starmag rims slammed on coilovers :yes:

Yeah the cruise is great. People get the impression that these are silly little cars only good for town use. How wrong they are! The cruise just makes it so much better and quicker on a long run! Quicker as usually you can never sit at your desired speed, sometimes dropping to below or above it. So set it to 80 and your there in no time!

The bronze is a good coloir, very rare too B) Ive not seen many that colour, where have you seen this one for sale? I know there is a nice looking blue one on autotrader with reasonable miles, and a silver one on ebay, but apart from that i can't find any others ....

Oh, and it pays to travel around for one, i did 400 miles to get mine.

I think its the car a lot of people want atm, and are holding onto them for that reason. Still the lupo TDi section on autotrader has been slow moving for a while now.

Cardaft what car did you rip apart for the cruise control?

Nope, nothing like that!

Its fairly straight forward, but something that can only be fitted to the TDI, as i believe they are the only model to have a switch on the clutch pedal (meaning the cruise cuts out when you press the clutch)

So all you need is 4 long bits of thin wire, two buttons (or the VW T4 cruise stalk), the use of vagcom and lots of time and patience. and a soldering iron. Its fiddly to do, and you need to make sure you make a neat job of it, but once its working its a great thing to have!

There is a 'how to' post on here which guides you through exactly what to do.

Yeah the cruise is great. People get the impression that these are silly little cars only good for town use. How wrong they are! The cruise just makes it so much better and quicker on a long run! Quicker as usually you can never sit at your desired speed, sometimes dropping to below or above it. So set it to 80 and your there in no time!

The bronze is a good coloir, very rare too B) Ive not seen many that colour, where have you seen this one for sale? I know there is a nice looking blue one on autotrader with reasonable miles, and a silver one on ebay, but apart from that i can't find any others ....

Oh, and it pays to travel around for one, i did 400 miles to get mine.

I think its the car a lot of people want atm, and are holding onto them for that reason. Still the lupo TDi section on autotrader has been slow moving for a while now.

Nope, nothing like that!

Its fairly straight forward, but something that can only be fitted to the TDI, as i believe they are the only model to have a switch on the clutch pedal (meaning the cruise cuts out when you press the clutch)

So all you need is 4 long bits of thin wire, two buttons (or the VW T4 cruise stalk), the use of vagcom and lots of time and patience. and a soldering iron. Its fiddly to do, and you need to make sure you make a neat job of it, but once its working its a great thing to have!

There is a 'how to' post on here which guides you through exactly what to do.

The copper tdi is on pistonheads number is 668644, its an ace colour and no matter what one i eventually end up getting its gonna have Starmag wheels fitted (my avatar). The cruise control idea does sound ace :thumbup:

is it like a burnt orange? i <3 that colour!! there is one near us ... so jealous

as for mod's, nothing yet, only got her in June... im still on the look out for the right shoes and i really really really want a checked roof B)

chris' suspension on the lupo may be going on mine when he gets some KW's

Yep thats the colour, its sorta burnt orange/gold. Love it!! Already know what wheels i want for it too (see my avatar). Checked roof sounds cool, maybe not for me i like a nice stance, killer set of rims and loadsa subtle mods here there and everywhere :D

The copper tdi is on pistonheads number is 668644, its an ace colour and no matter what one i eventually end up getting its gonna have Starmag wheels fitted (my avatar). The cruise control idea does sound ace :thumbup:

Looks very tidy, i think that was on autotrader a little while ago? The reg looks familiar anyway.

Just a couple of things, your more likely to get near 60MPG and it wont have ABS unless it was an option, in which case its a very rare one! CHeck for the ABS light lighting up when the ignition is on.

Oh, and check its major service included a cambelt, tensioner and water pump change. Thats every 4 years or 40K which ever is first.

Really good colour though, i was having a look at the pics of the 1.0 below it, they really show off the colour nicely.

:)

Looks very tidy, i think that was on autotrader a little while ago? The reg looks familiar anyway.

Just a couple of things, your more likely to get near 60MPG and it wont have ABS unless it was an option, in which case its a very rare one! CHeck for the ABS light lighting up when the ignition is on.

Oh, and check its major service included a cambelt, tensioner and water pump change. Thats every 4 years or 40K which ever is first.

Really good colour though, i was having a look at the pics of the 1.0 below it, they really show off the colour nicely.

:)

Yeah i been emailing the girl selling it, it has got ABS.

Its got full main dealer service history and the cambelt and the other bits were all sortd.

The only thing bad i noticed was that in the front views the drivers side headlamp is steamed up, suggests to me a leak?

Its a fairly common thing, if you take off the back of the headlight (just the access panel) then use a hairdryer and replace the cap it may sort it. Or some on here have drilled a tiny hole in the back and when its cleared fill it with something.

Luckily ive not had this problem, but it may well be a seal thats gone, which would be a MOT failure.

All good about its history and ABS then! Hopefully it will be as good as it sounds :)

Its a fairly common thing, if you take off the back of the headlight (just the access panel) then use a hairdryer and replace the cap it may sort it. Or some on here have drilled a tiny hole in the back and when its cleared fill it with something.

Luckily ive not had this problem, but it may well be a seal thats gone, which would be a MOT failure.

All good about its history and ABS then! Hopefully it will be as good as it sounds :)

Cheers dood! Not wanting to sound like an apple carrying brown-nose, but alot of peeps on this forum are extremely friendly and helpful.

Makes a nice change, clubpolo was becoming a bit vicious.

I'll keep you posted anywho, i'm off greenlaning now with a m8 in his jacked up lada niva :sick:

wouldnt advise 13x8s on an arosa if you want to seriously slam it dude.

i fitted ta-technix coils on my arosa sport 16v, it was on 14s with 175/50 tyres and it literally sat on the floor, and they arent even very low coils. would be hard to get a decent stance and keep the car driveable with 13s.

Plus some 13" wheels wont get over the brakes on a TDi or a sport. So something else to check out!

Bugger! Back to the drawing/thinking board :coffee:

wouldnt advise 13x8s on an arosa if you want to seriously slam it dude.

i fitted ta-technix coils on my arosa sport 16v, it was on 14s with 175/50 tyres and it literally sat on the floor, and they arent even very low coils. would be hard to get a decent stance and keep the car driveable with 13s.

Cheers man! I'm always thinking too far ahead with me cars, think a set of nice 15s would look pretty good.

Quite like the Schmidt modernline 5 spokes 15x8s, the one piece jobbys they'd look pretty cool

Nice choice! Saw a set the other day with the centres powder coated!! If your after something wide, quite a lot of people are playing about with banded steel wheels...look ace!

I like the idea of colour coding those wheels, as the spokes are quite recessed into the wheel with a deep lip, hmmm :idea:

Been to look at an arosa tdi at a local dealer, price was good and the car was in good condition.

I didn't get it however as the interior was a horrible grey/almost white colour!!

Are all the arosa mk2 tdi interiors this colour? Really put me off.

Been to look at an arosa tdi at a local dealer, price was good and the car was in good condition.

I didn't get it however as the interior was a horrible grey/almost white colour!!

Are all the arosa mk2 tdi interiors this colour? Really put me off.

It will need to be 52 reg or newer to have the dark interior. all the earlier ones are light grey and naff!

Which dealer is the TDI at mate? Might go for a nosey!

It will need to be 52 reg or newer to have the dark interior. all the earlier ones are light grey and naff!

Which dealer is the TDI at mate? Might go for a nosey!

Bugger!! The one I looked at was a Y reg. Its at a little used car lot near Shawbury, Shropshire.

The grey interior looks as though it'd get grubby in next to no time!!

No good for me at all, takeaways, smoking, nocturnal activities, etc :lol:

Edited by mattdacornish

Bugger!! The one I looked at was a Y reg. Its at a little used car lot near Shawbury, Shropshire.

The grey interior looks as though it'd get grubby in next to no time!!

No good for me at all, takeaways, smoking, nocturnal activities, etc :lol:

I was in shawbury yesterday! How much was it?

I was in shawbury yesterday! How much was it?

3450, out towards market drayton way, a m8 of mine told me bout it.

I'm terrible at remembering places and names, think it was lucky I found it at all!

They seem to be quite rare, the other car I'd quite like is the 6N2 Polo GTi, seem to be lots of them around many of them are creeping below the 3k mark too!!

3450, out towards market drayton way, a m8 of mine told me bout it.

I'm terrible at remembering places and names, think it was lucky I found it at all!

They seem to be quite rare, the other car I'd quite like is the 6N2 Polo GTi, seem to be lots of them around many of them are creeping below the 3k mark too!!

Ouch, I paid half that for my 52 plate 1.0! 1700 buys a lot of unleaded! Either I got mine cheap or the TDI is expensive!

15082008015.jpg

Edited by Toot

Tdis always get more than the 1.0s and often sports too.

Although thats very expensive! What mileage was that on?

I bought mine two years ago, it had done 26K miles, its a mid 2002 and goit it for £3300!

Although it had a couple of bodywork issues that i had to get sorted and it needed a cambelt. But was generally tidy, very low mileage and had full seat history. So i got it cheap, if i was selling it id be very confident in getting around £3100 as its in better condition now than it was when i got it, and it seems the going rate for on in my condition and mileage.

They do hold their value so well.

Yeah, you need a 52 onwards to get the dark interior, my TDi has the light grey, which can be a little bit of a pain to keep clean, and if in honest im not that struck on it, id like to get a darker inderior some day. My 03 reg 1.0 has the dark interior, which is much smarter.

Tdis always get more than the 1.0s and often sports too.

Although thats very expensive! What mileage was that on?

I bought mine two years ago, it had done 26K miles, its a mid 2002 and goit it for £3300!

Although it had a couple of bodywork issues that i had to get sorted and it needed a cambelt. But was generally tidy, very low mileage and had full seat history. So i got it cheap, if i was selling it id be very confident in getting around £3100 as its in better condition now than it was when i got it, and it seems the going rate for on in my condition and mileage.

They do hold their value so well.

Yeah, you need a 52 onwards to get the dark interior, my TDi has the light grey, which can be a little bit of a pain to keep clean, and if in honest im not that struck on it, id like to get a darker inderior some day. My 03 reg 1.0 has the dark interior, which is much smarter.

Really low mileage, something like 20k. One owner from new.

Theres a real nice black 1.0s on pistonheads going for just over 3k. Got the black interior, and a host of options including front fogs, silver interior pack, chrome pack, spoiler, and active door locks!! Looks really smart shame its not a tdi!!!

Ouch, I paid half that for my 52 plate 1.0! 1700 buys a lot of unleaded! Either I got mine cheap or the TDI is expensive!

15082008015.jpg

Your car looks cool, yeah I think the tds are pretty expensive. I've got my heart set on one tho now. Failing that I'll prob end up getting a polo gti.

That is low mileage!

Did you have a drive of it?

Really low mileage, something like 20k. One owner from new.

Theres a real nice black 1.0s on pistonheads going for just over 3k. Got the black interior, and a host of options including front fogs, silver interior pack, chrome pack, spoiler, and active door locks!! Looks really smart shame its not a tdi!!!

Yes ive seen that, it belongs to someone on here. Or atleast they were on here with a GTi Lupo, its his girlfriends Arosa iirc. Very nice arosa, im liking the fogs too, im going to get some!

Oh and the door lock can be activated by a seat dealer for a fee. Both of mine have it.

Its ok saying £1700 is a lot of fuel, it is! But TDIs hold their value, so you will get the extra money back, also its more about the drive than the economy really. It pulls like a train for a small car.