Seat Arosa Sport

mattdacornish

That is low mileage!

Did you have a drive of it?

Yes ive seen that, it belongs to someone on here. Or atleast they were on here with a GTi Lupo, its his girlfriends Arosa iirc. Very nice arosa, im liking the fogs too, im going to get some!

Oh and the door lock can be activated by a seat dealer for a fee. Both of mine have it.

Its ok saying £1700 is a lot of fuel, it is! But TDIs hold their value, so you will get the extra money back, also its more about the drive than the economy really. It pulls like a train for a small car.

No I didn't have a drive, tbh the price combined with the interior put me off that particular arosa.

The fact that its a small car with a tdi lump means its always gonna be about the drive primarily, then the economy plus the value it'll hold through the years are a (very welcome!) bonus!!

But thats great information again guys, I'll be keeping 'em peeled for a post 52reg tdi from now on. I'm wierd like that, I can't stand a messy interior!!!! :lol:

I don't mind waiting for the right car for me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, but often when chosing a used car, especially one so rare as the arosa tdi, colour of the interior is that last thing which you think of! With condition and history being most important.

I know when i was looking i didnt really want the light interior, but i found a great car, with low mileage and was in black (the colour i wanted) but had the light interior (which was spotless!) So i bought it.

I dont mind the interior too much now, ive gotten used to it, i still want a change to a nice dark grey and red interior, but it means changing all the plastics and carpet too. So thats last on my list atm!

Good luck with the search :)

I know what you mean, but often when chosing a used car, especially one so rare as the arosa tdi, colour of the interior is that last thing which you think of! With condition and history being most important.

I know when i was looking i didnt really want the light interior, but i found a great car, with low mileage and was in black (the colour i wanted) but had the light interior (which was spotless!) So i bought it.

I dont mind the interior too much now, ive gotten used to it, i still want a change to a nice dark grey and red interior, but it means changing all the plastics and carpet too. So thats last on my list atm!

Good luck with the search :)

Thats a fair point, and looking on the money side of things I suppose I could live with the light interior if I was saving a fair bit on buying a newer version just because of the interior.

Can always rip it all out anyway and chuck in a different one :D

the interior on mine is the light and tbh the only thing that has been a problem is the dogs wet paws as obviously he sits on a seat :lol:

but remember the older darker interior for both arosa and lupo fits straight in so if you do get one keep your eyes peeled for a breaker/scrap dealer. I missed out on the blue interior for mine last week by a few days- the bloke had took the padding out of the driver seat for someone else :(

cheaper tax remember too... when i had a 1ltr 106 i was paying £66.50 for 6months... haven't checked the 1ltr arosa but im guessing its around the same? £35 for 12 months in the tdi

the interior on mine is the light and tbh the only thing that has been a problem is the dogs wet paws as obviously he sits on a seat :lol:

but remember the older darker interior for both arosa and lupo fits straight in so if you do get one keep your eyes peeled for a breaker/scrap dealer. I missed out on the blue interior for mine last week by a few days- the bloke had took the padding out of the driver seat for someone else :(

cheaper tax remember too... when i had a 1ltr 106 i was paying £66.50 for 6months... haven't checked the 1ltr arosa but im guessing its around the same? £35 for 12 months in the tdi

Thats cool, i like the sound of 35 quid per year!! :D

Yes, i find that an advantage!

We have a white staffy, even though she rarely goes in my car, and i always put the seat cover on if she does, her hair still manages to get into the car. Although it doesnt show on the light grey seats! So thats one advantage for me, although it does get hoovered often anyway :lol:

Ive not had a problem keeping mine clean, few water marks but every lupo interior suffers from that.

Yes £35 a year, and its going to £30 next year :D Almost makes taxing the car a pleasure ;)

Edited by cardaft

The tax is a bonus, there are very few older generation cars with £35 tax, The Arosa/Loop TDI's are one of a handful including the Fiesta 1.4 TDCI and C2 HDI and even those 2 are of a slightly more modern generation.

I think they are the only 3! :rolleyes:

The tax is a bonus, there are very few older generation cars with £35 tax, The Arosa/Loop TDI's are one of a handful including the Fiesta 1.4 TDCI and C2 HDI and even those 2 are of a slightly more modern generation.

I think they are the only 3! :rolleyes:

nope, clio 1.5D also :)

A2s are real nice, id love one, but can't justify the price for one a similar age to my arosa! Lookig at about £7-8K for one with similar miles and age to mine. I know they are a totally different car, but its a little ott considering other cars you can get for that money.

Quite a few cars have the £35 a year road tax now, oh and out of the older ones, you have missed the smart fortwo!

All C1/Aygos and 107s are £35 a year tax too, probably the cheapest car to run atm! Although i supose they are the newer generation.

I still maintain, the arosa is the best of all, and also has more power than any of the others mentioned, its also lighter. Great for fuel economy, great for handling and great for performance. Whats not to like :D

yeah same here, when i eventually finish off at uni i quite fancy an a2, sucks that they;ve stopped production though :lol:

when i was car shopping before i found the arosa there was a guy near me put up his ex wife's a2 for silly cheap- i rang and he said it had sold in about 15minutes haha, sold for £3000 with only 40k. *She must have done something to piss him off haha*

yeah same here, when i eventually finish off at uni i quite fancy an a2, sucks that they;ve stopped production though :lol:

when i was car shopping before i found the arosa there was a guy near me put up his ex wife's a2 for silly cheap- i rang and he said it had sold in about 15minutes haha, sold for £3000 with only 40k. *She must have done something to piss him off haha*

I've been looking at A2's for a while, they are overpriced for what you get (most don't even have A/C) and there arent that many about but what i have noticed is that they sell really quickly if a decent one comes up for sale! Especially the TDI sport ones with the dark sport seats, glass roof and Climate. Rarer than the Arosa TDI! :D

Edited by Toot

Audi A2 TDi is also £35 for the year... I looked for one when i was shopping for the arosa but the price is twice as much :lol:

Aw I love A2s, there was a wkd red one at Ultimate Dubs with porsche split rims :heart: love it

A2s are real nice, id love one, but can't justify the price for one a similar age to my arosa! Lookig at about £7-8K for one with similar miles and age to mine. I know they are a totally different car, but its a little ott considering other cars you can get for that money.

Quite a few cars have the £35 a year road tax now, oh and out of the older ones, you have missed the smart fortwo!

All C1/Aygos and 107s are £35 a year tax too, probably the cheapest car to run atm! Although i supose they are the newer generation.

I still maintain, the arosa is the best of all, and also has more power than any of the others mentioned, its also lighter. Great for fuel economy, great for handling and great for performance. Whats not to like :D

I owned a smart fourtwo cabrio for couple of years, the amount of problems that it suffered. And they have to be fixed/serviced by mercedes, not cheap at 97 pound an hour just for labour!!! Needless to say that car is long gone, even though I had loads of problems with it, it was great fun!!

Id really like a fortwo! Id have to have a full size car too, just purely for the extra seats and boot, but for a town car it would be perfect!

Infact i was in the mercedes/smart dealer today having a look at them, the newer one seems much more of a car. Ive driven two older fortwos, really are a good laugh, one was chipped and was hugely quick!

Ive heard they can be trouble though, not just the fortwo but the coupe and forfour too. Shame really, although its not wonder tbh, mercs are total rubbish, the new generation look like their reliability might be a little better, but ones from a couple of years ago are dreadful. I know a few people who have had panels replaced on their E/S-classes under warranty at 3 years old because of rust! :o I think they must be made from melted down old fiestas :wacko:

No such problems with the arosas though :coffee:

Edited by cardaft

I don't think the forfour has many problems, its a mitsubishi colt underneath, nothing German about it! I think the Brabus forfour is really cool, 1.5 180bhp and i dont think i've ever seen one in the metal.

Id really like a fortwo! Id have to have a full size car too, just purely for the extra seats and boot, but for a town car it would be perfect!

Infact i was in the mercedes/smart dealer today having a look at them, the newer one seems much more of a car. Ive driven two older fortwos, really are a good laugh, one was chipped and was hugely quick!

Ive heard they can be trouble though, not just the fortwo but the coupe and forfour too. Shame really, although its not wonder tbh, mercs are total rubbish, the new generation look like their reliability might be a little better, but ones from a couple of years ago are dreadful. I know a few people who have had panels replaced on their E/S-classes under warranty at 3 years old because of rust! :o I think they must be made from melted down old fiestas :wacko:

No such problems with the arosas though :coffee:

Mine had quite a few mods, it was lowered, had a K&N induction kit, baileys dump valve, and managed to cram a 12in sub in the back!! It was pretty mental, but never again!!!

Those coupes will be a collectors item in a few years, they went out of production a little while back and the prices have been creeping up ever since. Wouldn't mind a go in one but don't think the ownership side of things is for me after the fortwo experience!!