Seat Arosa Sport

mattdacornish

Hello there, I'm a relative newcomer (been a member of clubpolo for bit) and am looking to buy either a lupo 1.4 16v sport or an arosa 1.4 16v sport. I was wondering what differences there are between these two models, apart from the price? Really like the look of two arosa sports currently for sale on the net. Already have a few ideas, obviously coilovers, lupo cambridge rear lights and possibly some starmag wheels?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lupo looks better.

Arosa gives you more for your money for example all arosa's got a pollen filter...lupo's didn't.

Although I would be extremely careful if you want an Arosa Sport. All Lupo Sports have an issue with a collapsing pedal box, VW will acknowledge this and replace it under good will. Seat will not...

Lupo looks better.

Arosa gives you more for your money for example all arosa's got a pollen filter...lupo's didn't.

Although I would be extremely careful if you want an Arosa Sport. All Lupo Sports have an issue with a collapsing pedal box, VW will acknowledge this and replace it under good will. Seat will not...

I have heard about this pedal box problem a few times on this forum, doesn't sound too good but I suppose the fact that VW will replace it is a result. Does it just affect the sport 16v or any other models?

Get an arosa, you dont see them anywhere near as much! and we have a pollen filter! But as mentioned Cardaft will no doubt tell you the specs

I really like the look of them, I think the headlights look bit more aggressive and generally I've noticed the equivalent lupo's are more expensive. But the pedal box fault that has been mentioned does put me off a bit

The other option I've been thinking about is getting a loop 1.4 tdi sport. I'm obsessed with this black/red interior combo sorry folks!!! :wacko: Would this model suffer from the pedal box problem?

Edited by mattdacornish

Arosas are much better looking from the front, I think a lupo is nicer from the back as I'm still not sure on the rear "sticklbrick" lexus style lights on the Arosa

Apart from the pollen filter all Arosa Sports got sports seats (like you want) Most Lupos were normal interiors up until 2003 when they put the Gti one in. Also all the Arosa Sports have the dark carpet/plastics. Most of the Loops have light grey which is a bitch to keep clean!

The Arosa has better headlights, the Lupos are pap compared to the twin set up in the Arosa!

If your lucky you can get a Lupo sport with air con and/or a sunroof. Neither were available on the Arosa

Not sure on any other differences, either way there are pros and cons to each but they drive the same!

I have heard about this pedal box problem a few times on this forum, doesn't sound too good but I suppose the fact that VW will replace it is a result. Does it just affect the sport 16v or any other models?

It mainly affects all 1.4's but it has been known to affect other Lupo's which have a cable clutch.

Arosa mk2 is nice but the grille behind that Seat badge looks plain awful, add the lexus lights at the back, and the fact that it looks like a mini Ibiza puts me off.

And I almost forgot...bump strips on the front and rear bumper...URGH!!!

Edited by Niche

Arosas are much better looking from the front, I think a lupo is nicer from the back as I'm still not sure on the rear "sticklbrick" lexus style lights on the Arosa

Apart from the pollen filter all Arosa Sports got sports seats (like you want) Most Lupos were normal interiors up until 2003 when they put the Gti one in. Also all the Arosa Sports have the dark carpet/plastics. Most of the Loops have light grey which is a bitch to keep clean!

The Arosa has better headlights, the Lupos are pap compared to the twin set up in the Arosa!

If your lucky you can get a Lupo sport with air con and/or a sunroof. Neither were available on the Arosa

Not sure on any other differences, either way there are pros and cons to each but they drive the same!

I agree with you the front end is much better looking on the mk2 arosa, the rear lights look a bit chavvy, I would defo change them for lupo se versions or just smoke the standard ones. I have seen a Lupo tdi sport with the sports seats on a 51 plate, prob an optional extra from new.

It mainly affects all 1.4's but it has been known to affect other Lupo's which have a cable clutch.

Arosa mk2 is nice but the grille behind that Seat badge looks plain awful, add the lexus lights at the back, and the fact that it looks like a mini Ibiza puts me off.

And I almost forgot...bump strips on the front and rear bumper...URGH!!!

Thanks for the info on the clutch/pedal box its much appreciated. I agree the arosa mk2 back lights are plain wrong, as are the bumpstrips. But overall I think I prefer the arosa. All depends on whats available to buy, watch this space!! :D

Wheres cardaft when u need him? :lol:

Yeah I think there are different specs as well such as alarm, remote locking I think, but not too sure

Damn holidays! I missed this! :lol:

Ok here is my info!

The specs:

Above the lupo sport you also get:

- Remote central locking

- Side air bags (nice sporty seats)

- 15" alloys if you get a mk2 phase2

- Pollen filter

- Lowered sports suspension

(no i know you will no doubt lower it, and the 'lowered suspension; isnt really low but it does handle a mile better than a standard car - or indeed a lupo sport which is possibly one of the worst handling lupos as standard (may i add before anyone comments, TDIs have heaftier springs so handle a bit more tidily) I have the arosa sport rear setup on my TDI.

As mentioned the front lights dont only look way better but they work much better, the lupos lights on full beam give a really odd pattern, giving lots of dark patches. The arosa has twin front lights which work much much better. Infact id go as far to say as they are one of the best lights ive used, could do with stronger main beam bulbs though.

Its up to you though isnt it, the arosa to me looks far for sporty than the 'cute' lupo, and if your getting a sport then that, to me, already seems a step in the right direction. Its fairly obvious im an Arosa person though (owning two!) so i can't argue the lupo side.

I suppose Lupo people would say you get a 'VW' badge. Although what does that mean, again i think the Seat brand is a more sporty one (is VW competing in the BTCC??) and i also prefer the styling). The lupo has a different finish to the dash, its more bobbly, although i wouldnt say one is better than the other. Later Lupo sports have GTI seats and they can have some options, although its quite a rare find to find one with AC.

Oh and dont forget, a lupo sport is in insurance group 6, and Arosa sport is group 5! Dont ask why, ive no idea, its exactly the same engine etc. :wacko:

As for the pedal box, id be getting onto SeatUK about that if the worst did happen, not sure if anyone has tried that? And argue the VW fact that they replace them FOC - although only at some dealers! Ive used them before and found them very helpful. Although it may not break and it is only going to be £100-£200 to be replaced anyway. One way to try and avoid it is to make sure the clutch feels nice and light.

It is mainly the sport (and 1.4 75bhp) engines that suffer, 1.0s can but its very rare. TDis and GTis have a hydraulic clutch, which is lighter - ive never heard of a pedal box going on those models.

I rather like the back lights, but i see what people mean, i just think they are different and make an arosa more different! Simple thing to change though! So dont let them put you off ;)

I think thats everything!

:rolleyes:

Edited by cardaft

Ok here is my info!

The specs:

- Remote central locking

- Pollen filter

Arosa mk2 is definitely a much better car. VW have a thing about not doing anything with the suspension unless its a GTI. And obviously you get more bang for your buck.

Ok here is my info!

The specs:

- Remote central locking

- Pollen filter

(no i know you will no doubt lower it, and the 'lowered suspension; isnt really low but it does handle a mile better than a standard car - or indeed a lupo sport which is possibly one of the worst handling lupos as standard (may i add before anyone comments, TDIs have heaftier springs so handle a bit more tidily) I have the arosa sport rear setup on my TDI.

As mentioned the front lights dont only look way better but they work much better, the lupos lights on full beam give a really odd pattern, giving lots of dark patches. The arosa has twin front lights which work much much better. Infact id go as far to say as they are one of the best lights ive used, could do with stronger main beam bulbs though.

Its up to you though isnt it, the arosa to me looks far for sporty than the 'cute' lupo, and if your getting a sport then that, to me, already seems a step in the right direction. Its fairly obvious im an Arosa person though (owning two!) so i can't argue the lupo side.

I suppose Lupo people would say you get a 'VW' badge. Although what does that mean, again i think the Seat brand is a more sporty one (is VW competing in the BTCC??) and i also prefer the styling). The lupo has a different finish to the dash, its more bobbly, although i wouldnt say one is better than the other. Later Lupo sports have GTI seats and they can have some options, although its quite a rare find to find one with AC.

Oh and dont forget, a lupo sport is in insurance group 6, and Arosa sport is group 5! Dont ask why, ive no idea, its exactly the same engine etc. :wacko:

As for the pedal box, id be getting onto SeatUK about that if the worst did happen, not sure if anyone has tried that? And argue the VW fact that they replace them FOC - although only at some dealers! Ive used them before and found them very helpful. Although it may not break and it is only going to be £100-£200 to be replaced anyway. One way to try and avoid it is to make sure the clutch feels nice and light.

It is mainly the sport (and 1.4 75bhp) engines that suffer, 1.0s can but its very rare. TDis and GTis have a hydraulic clutch, which is lighter - ive never heard of a pedal box going on those models.

I rather like the back lights, but i see what people mean, i just think they are different and make an arosa more different! Simple thing to change though! So dont let them put you off ;)

I think thats everything!

Cheers man! Really appreciate all the info, you've pretty much made me want to go out n buy an arosa tdi. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of my car hunt!! Cheers again :thumbup:

Arosa mk2 is definitely a much better car. VW have a thing about not doing anything with the suspension unless its a GTI. And obviously you get more bang for your buck.

Cheers niche. As soon as theres an arosa/lupo shaped vehicle sat on my drive i'll be letting everyone now about it!!! ;)

Just out of interest how difficult would it be to change the arosa rear lights to lupo se ones? I presume remove the original lenses/bulb holders and then replace with lupo bulb holders/lenses?

I think you have to change some of the wiring.

Here is the topic in the "how to" section:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9305

Let us know when you've bought your Arosa

Edit:- Damn, got it the wrong way round! I think its in there somewhere.

Edited by jeyesh

Cheers man! Really appreciate all the info, you've pretty much made me want to go out n buy an arosa tdi. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of my car hunt!! Cheers again :thumbup:

No problem.

The TDi is a great choice, a very good all-rounder.

Ive suprised more cars than i thought i would with my TDI, its quicker than you think its going to be. Remaped should be a good deal better. Mine is just standard and it keeps up with a lot of cars which should be faster!

MPG can be great, cheaper to insure, holds its value really well, £35 a year road tax, suffers no common faults that im aware of, and its a very good engine, not the usual diesel clatter either!

They are superb on motorways, loads of torque to go from 50-80 in no time, it will sit all day at high motorway speeds and still be refined and easy on the juice. Plus, as ive done with mine, you can fit cruise control to the TDi so it makes it even more perfect on motorway drives, real mile muncher ;)

I can't find anything better ;) Although they are super hard to find atm, only one on autotrader! Doesnt that make them more rare than a lupo GTi, or just people want shot of their GTis! Ive never seen many Arosa TDis on the road, two or three every i think.

Just out of interest how difficult would it be to change the arosa rear lights to lupo se ones? I presume remove the original lenses/bulb holders and then replace with lupo bulb holders/lenses?

I think there is a bit of changes needed to the lupo lights, and not the cars wireing? Its fairly simple though, as posted in the above link.

Edited by cardaft

Thats ace cardaft!! I love the idea of fitting cruise control. Right thats it, my mind is made up a mk2 arosa tdi it is.... Can already picture it sat on a set of 13x8in Starmag rims slammed on coilovers :yes:

Arosa TDi for definate... I'd recommend and im just new :lol:

Hello anna x yeah I'm going to look at two different arosa tdis, one of them is metallic copper colour and looks awesome!! I'm really hoping it turns out to be the better out the two cos it'll look schweet modded :P has yours got any mods?