raceland 4-2-1 manifold

sTeVe-O

if im rite, i will fit it just needs bending to fit around the sump.

am pretty sure tht theres been some other threads on this, just do a search n there should be plenty but i fit theyll just say the same as i have

bending wont do it any good it'll just bend bak in time causing problems you need to cut and weld to get it to fit

Why would it do that? metal has no elastic properties last time I bent a spoon anyway

due to the heat it does bend back unless your doing it properly and goin to extreme heats as me and another member on here with a gti now on dubbed up found out the manifold can heat up to almost 300degrees which is hotter than what most people use to bend it therefore will push it back but by all means dont believe me and do what you want im just stating what has happened to the only 2 gtis i know with them

Well then you need to put a slight crease in the point where you are bending it

wap the side of the direction you want bend with something to create a slight depression

depending on the area it is it could be something rounded or just a thin straight edge

It will take a bit of good judgement but it will almost certainly stop the heat from bending it back

It does need bending up and to the right to fit in the original gap and not be too close to the ground when running on a lowered car. Mine scraped the floor on uneven surfaces until it was bent. If its heated up properly it wont move. Had mine on for 2 years without a prob. ;)

Well then you need to put a slight crease in the point where you are bending it

wap the side of the direction you want bend with something to create a slight depression

depending on the area it is it could be something rounded or just a thin straight edge

It will take a bit of good judgement but it will almost certainly stop the heat from bending it back

i dont like the sound of that!.

get it in the position u want and speak to jetex about a flexi coupling and brace it makes much more sense to me!!

i dont like the sound of that!.

get it in the position u want and speak to jetex about a flexi coupling and brace it makes much more sense to me!!

Thats exactly how a pipe bender works it makes a depression on the side that you are bending towards

I also have a question about this manifold.

I have already bought one for my Seat Ibiza 1.4 16v, but all tuning plans have stoped since my car is for sale because I'am going to buy a Lupo GTI from a friend.

The racelands 4-2-1 manifold is only 50mm at it's end. Because this is the restricited area at the beginnning at has no sense at al to fit a bigger exhaust behind it (like many do). Does anyone know how much the original manifold is in mm? Or does anyone know how much the original piping of the rest of the exhaust is in mm because I doubt fitting the Raceland manifold would do any good for the Lupo GTI.

Also the Lupo I'am going to buy already has got 150HP (Moddified inlet, Shrick Cams and Mapping). According to my tuning bible an exhaust of 50mm (jus't a little less than 2") is only good till about 140HP. If you got 140-160 BHP you should fit at least a 2,25 inch exhaust.

The standard gti manifold has some really small headers coming from the exhaust ports they look around 35mm but squashed. They raceland manifold does improve the gti. I had the manifold fitted in front of the standard system and there seemed to be an improvement at the bottom ad top ends, but left a bit of a dip around 3-4k.

After fitting the janspeed exhaust it was like a different car. good response and likes to rev.

• 3 weeks later...